Thread: TC1 - Remote Call Setup DURING Live Session with Skype tx

Question TC1 - Remote Call Setup DURING Live Session with Skype tx

Just got the TC1 and we love it so far (upgraded from the 410). I was most excited for the built in Talkshow functionality and have a few questions to figure out for workflow. While we're live in session, depending on how that channel is setup audio wise, it is only hot when switched to and/or the Triggers (Follow Program Video) is set to specific channels.

So here is what I'm trying to figure out:

1) When that call is made or incoming from our Skype tx account/computer, what is the best workflow to make sure they AREN'T live on the Master? The goal is to be able to talk to them and make sure everything is good using a separate mic/headset before having them join the session/event.

2) Is there a correct way to route these calls into the TC1 (if you MUTE the channel beforehand, you then cannot hear them in the PHONES jack) that I'm missing?

Real Situation:

- Next week our boss is going to call in while we're live from Puerto Rico, and wants to address the room of members, but I want to be able to intercept him and talk to him before I actually throw him into the room on the projector (I can figure out the audio routing into my digital mixer since that' the easy part).

If you mute the channel, then SOLO it, you should get just that audio on your headphone out.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    If you mute the channel, then SOLO it, you should get just that audio on your headphone out.

Kris
    So muting the channel and setting it to SOLO will not SOLO it in the Master? That's pretty neat if it works!

Yep. That should do the trick. SOLO is meant to give you a preview of any source out to your headphone output.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52