Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave marketing- forum & social media

Lightwave marketing- forum & social media

This is a thread for the Lightwave Developers and Marketing team (assuming there is one)
    Itīs here for you to read all the great tips on how to Market Lightwave in These forums..as long as other social media channels and others.

So many discussions ends up with this topic within other topics, so..why not a dedicated area to make it easier for Vizrt and the Lightwave team to find the nuggets.
    Last edited by prometheus; 01-31-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: LIGHTWAVE MARKETING- FORUM & SOCIAL MEDIA

EDIT ....... what's the point in even trying
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 01-31-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    EDIT ....... what's the point in even trying
    Not trying is absolutely not going to get you or anyone anywhere.
    it wasnīt really not much of an effort for me to adress it.

Stubborn is my middle name, I have a hard time collapsing in front of facing adversity, just a few more hammerings on that wall, one or hundreds arenīt enough.
    Cheers.

<engage rant mode>

here's the issue with LW marketing, there is none...
    and it's been like that since 2015, it's infuriating and moreover shows a complete disrespect towards its own user base,
    posting a random blog post or maybe once a month sending out a tweet " if you are lucky " does not constitute as marketing,
    this is cemented by the cold hard truth that LW are so far out of touch with its own market share they are stuck in a bull-trap of their own making,
    and while i'm here let's not forget the hideous release when it came to 2019, the box art was sub-par and the complementary videos screamed incompetence.

and it's not for the want of trying, some users have literally bent over backwards in order to help the application succeed and what do they get in return? shafted in every orifice or completly ignored.

and do you know what the kicker is ? marketing a product like LW is a piece of piss, so much raw talent and creativity runs in it's bloodline, it would be near impossible to make a cock up... but here we are, yet again!

might as well finish it off "STILL NO THUMBNAILS ON THE FORUM" nearly 10 years

<disengage rant mode, spit dummy, slam keyboard and walk away>

One problem is, Lino used to create almost all the eyecandy content in the past and if I'm right his wife made the newsletters. Seems there is no one there now to create beautiful new content.

Compare the 2018 / 2019 content directories... Almost no difference except few technical scenes.

The pro / old time user doesn't need content but that content helped alot for marketing and as showcase for potential new users.

I wonder what will come along with 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    <engage rant mode>

might as well finish it off "STILL NO THUMBNAILS ON THE FORUM" nearly 10 years

<disengage rant mode, spit dummy, slam keyboard and walk away>
    Yes..from time to time, I also do bump reminders, still no thumbs, or still no re-structure of the whole forum.
    Taking a look at blender forums, itīs virtually a market place for the addons, as well as user art work..where recent great artwork is presented for each page update you do, and thus you will find interesting artwork, artists..and stuff around how it was made, so they seem to have a way of treating it in a more vibrant way..and not excusing themself with facebook.

I think they should start think about reviving the forums with maybe completely new forum tools/platforms...itīs nice to have those images attract attention to what an artist does.
    In general it is more overseeable, structured as well...and a much better gallery section.

Image downbelow is to serve for the Vizrt marketing team to look at and reflect over if there is something they can adapt to these forums..for gallery section, they should first look at the sections here, then go to the blender forums and check how it looks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-01-31 Blender Artists Community.png 
Views:	770 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	146788

not sure these days,

LW marketing is way behind, but perhaps put the cash and effort into further development instead.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

I am reserving judgement until 2020. If 2020 is launched without a fresh marketing push..then some changes might be in order.

buy lw and get a free copy of blender? ;p

Heh.

The best marketing scheme would be if LW 2020 is amazing. Word will get around.

Perhaps it would be wise to set up a website dedicated to lightwave which shows the evolutions with serious examples to inspire a potential future buyer.
    Here a good example of communication on a 3D software like cinema 4D.
    https://www.maxon.net/en/products/cinema-4d/overview/

It is very lacking in terms of communication

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Heh.

The best marketing scheme would be if LW 2020 is amazing. Word will get around.
    This is basically it. The best marketing for content creation software is great content. The best way to get that is if telanted people use it, and they aren’t swayed by flashy websites or new forum platforms. They want tools.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    This is basically it. The best marketing for content creation software is great content. The best way to get that is if telanted people use it, and they aren’t swayed by flashy websites or new forum platforms. They want tools.
    Thatīs it..they are in for a challenge, cause itīs got to be amazing.
    I donīt believe for a second it will be that though, hardly realistic...they have too much to adress from the point of where Lightwave is now, I would put all my bets on medium for the development, and that they still should look in to improving forums and marketing.

Then again, Amazing and demands are subjective.

My only issue is that little to no work is being put into making sure users are aware of the new offerings of each version. For example, who here knows that Lightwave got a native euler filter in 2019? Who isn't aware that *every single list* in the user interface is now searchable? Things like this are a big deal and they didn't get any mention whatsoever. Developers are working hard on this stuff and it feels like a missed opportunity to make the perceived value of the software higher.

I've already contacted Vzrt and will continue to try and convince them that they need someone dedicated to keeping the software looking fresh and educating users on what's available.
    Last edited by Ryan Roye; 02-01-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast