Thread: Scoreboard Camera with Tricaster Studio

Scoreboard Camera with Tricaster Studio

I'm going to do a 3-camera shoot of a High School basketball game using an old Tricaster Studio. I would like to run a 4th camera into the Tricaster Studio and crop, resize, and reposition the image overlayed over my program output to display the scoreboard in one corner of the screen. I found an old post on the forum with someone else doing the exact same thing on a different model of Tricaster, but the solution the community came up with doesn't appear to be available on the Tricaster Studio. Does anyone have an idea how I can display the scoreboard over the program output of my Tricaster Studio?

Thanks!

I haven't used an older Tricaster since the Tricaster Pro, which was the predecessor of the studio. I don't think you can bring in a scoreboard camera like you want, because I don't remember there being a DVE to for the camera channels or the DSK. I was streaming College D1 basketball and wasn't able to have an actual clock. All I could do was an updated score. So a suggestion is this company. http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/Software/index.html They have a template maker that allows you to update DSK live on the switcher interface. I think what I did was update the score and just have the half or quarter indicator. Not ideal but it at least had the score. There software wasn't too expensive from what I remember and I also used their replay plug-in. Take a look at their software. It worked well for us until we were able to upgrade to a higher end TC.

Thanks for getting back to me. I was afraid that would be the answer. The game isn't going to be shown live, so I think I'll just put the scoreboard camera in afterwards using Final Cut.

The template maker looks interesting for future productions.

I think you used to be able to do that with a "virtual set" style effect that you could compile in Aura. I'd have to go back and look and see if I still have that around somewhere.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

It would have to done as a 'virtual set'. The TriCaster SD model's overlay channel cannot be set to a physical video source (nor does it have position controls).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes, the closest I came with the virtual set was the dual box layout, but I didn't want to have the game in a box. I'll just do the overlay in post.