Thread: Livetext 3.0 and Live Only Output to Tricaster 410

Livetext 3.0 and Live Only Output to Tricaster 410

High School teacher here and about to stream an 8 game basketball tournament. Had a 455 Tricaster before this year and loved iVGA and our external graphics operator on a seperate Win machine running LiveText and the way it came in as a NET input on the 455.

Having now upgraded to an NDI capable machine I am struggling with getting Just the visually pleasing scoreboard part of Livetext 3.0 to show up on the 410 machine. I can get the entire desktop of the computer running Livetext to show up as an input (Using Scan Converter) but I don't want to see the entire LiveText program on screen I just want the scoreboard. I know I could work around by cropping and keying out parts of the livetext screen but it was really slick on the older version where the NET input gave you the option of either mirroring the whole screen or just the LiveText live output. I think I am probably just missing a step somewhere but haven't' been able to find any answers so I turn the question to you all.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    I think I am probably just missing a step somewhere but haven't' been able to find any answers so I turn the question to you all.
    On current systems, any input can serve as a "Net" input, using NDI as the transmission protocol. If memory serves, you need to choose an NDI option on installing the satellite version of LT, but afterward you should be able to select LT's NDI output as the source for any NDI receiver, which of course includes a TriCaster input.

Otherwise, you could test transmission between the two units using another application (such as the Pattern Generator in NDI Tools) and another receiver, such as NDI Studio Monitor (also in the free NDI Tools bundle) running one the Windows Desktop on the TriCaster.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve is spot on. It's quite likely you need to reinstall your LiveText 3.0 from scratch on your graphics computer, and choose NDI transmission during the installation process.

Thanks guys as it turns out the simpliest solution was maybe the one I hadn't done yet. After having installed all the latest updates to NDI and LT I hadn't powered down and restarted both computers. After resetting this morning everything is working as one would hope. Thanks for your help