Thread: Bird Dog vs. Spark

Bird Dog vs. Spark

Hello.

Since our new Tricaster Mini 4K doesn't have any physical video inputs and outputs, we've been looking into expanding our mobile NDI converter fleet.
    We currently have 6 sparks, which we've used over the last 2-3 years, and have been happy with.

We're looking to get 8 more devices. Either from Newtek or BirdDog.
    Does anyone have any opinions on the matter?
    I realize the difference between NDI and NDI|HX. But, beyond that.

Is the BirdDog Studio any good? Should we bother getting that, or wait until their 4K line is out?

Thanks.

Imry

The latest version of firmware has been pretty solid for me on the Studio Birddog. The quality is there and as long as you have the bandwidth as you know you should be set. One of the big things I hope to use as the software is refined is coms on their solution for a true single cable to the camera and that is still a work in progress from the last time I tested it. I prefer to connect with SDI locking connection so that left the spark pro out as an option for me and I wanted NDI vs NDI-HX. I am looking forward to the 4k/quad 1080p device from Birddog. I have only tested decode a few times but it is cool to know that I can configure a device to encode or decode NDI as needed.

Thanks!