Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the LW Website Falling Apart

That article is...but anything else?
    What does the other articles tell you? a conclusion of the website falling apart from a single broken article..seems a bit harsch in judgement.

there are quite a few now. stuff on youtube deleted and linked users no longer there.

one thing to note is that all the good stuff is using octane render be good to reverse that trend, perhaps with 2020?
    Last edited by gar26lw; 01-29-2020 at 07:10 AM.

I would have suspected that it died with other LW marketing but there is a sign of life. The third party page has not been well maintained. IFW and Eurisko Studios evaporated ....and Happy Digital Ltd now develops for AD tools. However, someone is still keeping lightwave3d.com updated. They recently updated references from worley.com to worleylabs.com.

Both domains were owned by Worley but he apparently let loose of the worley.com domain recently. It is still confusing why he maintains worleylabs.com without offering any sales.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    there are quite a few now. stuff on youtube deleted and linked users no longer there.

one thing to note is that all the good stuff is using octane render be good to reverse that trend, perhaps with 2020?
    I donīt follow you? when I asked for more cases on the website..which is what you refer to..not youtube, you donīt provide links to more on the website ..so what gives.
    As for youtube, then you mean Lightwave3dīs own youtube links? right? and linked users..which users are that and linked from what?

Users and youtube stuff not directly related to Lightwave is a whole different matter than Lightwaveīs own youtube stuff or webpages, and with such collapse of that..it would be a question for LW community falling apart thread I suppose, but the thread question was about the lw webpage, not any other community sources.

Lol it has been many decades i didn't see that guru meditation
    RYZEN 3950X // RTX 2080Ti // 64 gig DDR 4 // 32 threads // Windows 10

The last "Lightwave3D News" article was from Jan 2018. If someone is responsible for "maintaining" the LW3D site, they're doing a really poor job of it.

Just one more way to ensure prospective customers run screaming, never looking back.
    Last edited by jwiede; 01-29-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    The last "Lightwave3D News" article was from Jan 2018. If someone is responsible for "maintaining" the LW3D site, they're doing a really poor job of it.

Just one more way to ensure prospective customers run screaming, never looking back.
    Yes..it is unfortunate that they donīt have people working better at the whole Lightwave3D page, not much of news there, and the same goes for the "Vibrant forums" as they state it themself, Again..whatīs the problem with not updating the Lightwave news sections in these forums with announcing the release of 2019.1.5?

It feels like I am begging in front of the israelic wall..bowing 100 times or so.. but nothing happens,I have mentioned that some times now, guess I need to mail them personally and see how that goes.

And a clean up in the forum sections, and fix the gallery section here..but that we have talked about for what..5 years now, they donīt care about that section anymore..and spend they powder on something else obviously.

for broken links, after searching being restricted to 3000 pages, I only found these links as broken directly in the Lightwave3d page (apart from the initial post article as well)...

https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/art...r-music-video/
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/siggraph_2013/
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/author/stephen-culley/

Iīm posting a screenshot of some the other missing links,(there are probably more) but that is due to those sites outside of Lightwave..which is a bit more work to adress when third party devs or users are closing down their own sites.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-01-29 Broken Link Checker.png 
Views:	414 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	146770

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post

Most likely they aren’t going to do anything with the website until the new version comes out. Then they will probably put together something. No point in putting any effort in unless they have something new to show.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Most likely they aren’t going to do anything with the website until the new version comes out. Then they will probably put together something. No point in putting any effort in unless they have something new to show.
    That "next version" DID come out (LW2019), and not only did they fail to even announce it in the "news", they never managed to "put together something" about it in the subsequent two years, either.
    Last edited by jwiede; 01-30-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I think they were updating blog page on each release.

https://blog.lightwave3d.com/
    Last edited by Lewis; 01-30-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

They did announce that version. They had that whole fancy product page, and they released a bunch of videos. And just like now there was literally zero information the day before launch. are We talking past each other?

Wouldnīt it be nice if we just could determine wether or not the LW website is falling apart or not, and then case closed for this thread, then start a new thread solely intended for "FORUM MARKETING OF LIGTHWAVE" and the LW Team and Vizrt need to go no further than that thread to look at all the great marketing tips.

And Action...
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...g-of-lightwave

Saw this from the Facebook group: https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/ looks updated to me... although I haven't been there in a quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    Saw this from the Facebook group: https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/ looks updated to me... although I haven't been there in a quite a while.
    Not really, that is Januari 2019, not Januari 2020..so thatīs a year ago.

As for making pages interesting ..
    Sometimes images speaks more than word, and if done properly, that page would look soo much more interesting with a corresponding thumbnail image to what it actually is describing rather than a huge thumnail for an image, saying nothing else than it is a 2019 tutorial...and that for all of the articles.
    They need to change those asap, or when updating it..immediately link to a proper thumb.
    Ideally they could have the Lightwave 2019 created tutorial thumb with transparency background and text only, then make a thumb image resembling something from the tutorial..a little more work..sure, but much more attractive and informative.

We as users are those who also could contribute, including myself...but, the policy of not discussing or giving information about Lightwave development, is in no way a motivator to invest in doing such content or material for tutorials etc, and personally I donīt think I will put up anything at all until the next Lightwave version comes out..only then will I be able to see wether or not I feel itīs worth investing time in.

I need to see the shore before swimming to that direction.

By the way, that Learn Lightwave page could be serving the community well..had it been a sticky thread within the Lightwave forum sections, and once updated on the page, a notice could be made in the forum section.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast