Thread: Recording Files in TC1 No Longer Viewable in Premiere CC 2018

Recording Files in TC1 No Longer Viewable in Premiere CC 2018

Good morning.

We recently upgraded our TC1's software to the newest build last Friday, ahead of a home basketball game. We recorded the full game inside TC1, along with a highlight reel, as we normally have done all season. Unfortunately, it seems as though something changed within the recording function from one update to the next; before, I was able to view the recording files inside Premiere Pro and export them with a more universal container (H.264, MP4), but now the files import as audio only.

Model: TriCaster TC1
    Previous Build: 7-0-190802
    New Build: 7-0-200116
    Editor: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018, Build 12.1.2

Download and install the latest NDI Tools 4.1 https://ndi.tv/tools/#download-tools

That fixed it for me after trying a bunch of other things.

Premiere reported "Unable to import video C:\blah.mov File uses unsupported video compression type "SHQ2". And another popup offers "Unable to update: C:\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeInstalledCodecsTier 2\2.0\mc_enc_hevc.dll" and suggests deleting the folder. That didn't fix the problem.

This was a problem with files recorded before AND after the Jan 2020 update to TC1.

I first downloaded/installed the latest NewTek Codecs, but that didn't fix anything. Using Adobe Media Encoder to transcode didn't work. But I finally had a good import into Premiere with the latest NDI Tools 4.1
    Last edited by fonze; 02-10-2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Found solution for myself
    Tom F
    Academic Webstreamer, now with the TC1

ooh SpeedHq2 THE BEST COMPRESSION AVAILABLE TO MAN LOSLESS but SMALL BANDWIDTH AND EASY ON THE TRICASTER PRocessor...don't know if you can get that codec publicly yet but you will want too...IT IS AWESOME! -S
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

In Adobe Media Encoder, you have to deselect the "Import Sequences Natively" preference.
    Last edited by fonze; 02-10-2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Found solution again
    Tom F
    Academic Webstreamer, now with the TC1

Quote Originally Posted by fonze View Post
    Download and install the latest NDI Tools 4.1 https://ndi.tv/tools/#download-tools

That fixed it for me after trying a bunch of other things.
    Thank you for the fix, fonze! I had been wondering whether or not there were new codecs that were released elsewhere, as the ones from the official NewTek support page didn't cut it. I didn't even know this other site existed, so I appreciate your help.