Thread: Virtual Input - Retain Previous Instance Settings while using Group Policy

Virtual Input - Retain Previous Instance Settings while using Group Policy

So I am in a teaching environment also and because all the PCs are on a domain with group policy the Virtual App is not keeping the settings. In other words it is a managed image which resets on startup

I tried the following:

Regarding retaining NDI Virtual Input settings - While there's not currently an official feature to retain a configuration from a previous instance of our NDI Virtual Input tool, I've tested with this in-house and may have a workable solution for you in the short term. I would recommend testing with the steps below on a single computer as Admin, to then implement on each of your stations.

-Launch Virtual Input and select your desired audio/video settings.
    -Right-Click on the Virtual Input icon in the taskbar and exit the software
    -Navigate to the appdata local folder for the current user. Win 10 example below:

%userprofile% \AppData\Local\NewTek

-Right-Click on the file marked "Application.Network.WebCam.dat" and select "Properties"

-In the "General" tab, under "Attributes" at the bottom of the page, mark the file as "Read-only".

-Test -> Relaunch Virtual Input and change the settings in an arbitrary fashion -> Close and relaunch. It should retain the configuration you implemented prior to marking the file as "Read-only". If this functions as intended, you can then copy/paste the "Application.Network.WebCam.dat" file in the %userprofile% \AppData\Local\NewTek folder for each user. Just make sure the file retains the "Read-only" attribute when dropped in different stations.

If this is rolled out to a lot of classrooms it wont be manageable!

Would there be a solution in using Access Manager ???

Are there plans to enhance NDI to work with group policy?