Thread: Mix Identifier Prefixes on multiview

Mix Identifier Prefixes on multiview

Often when doing shows I will have my mix outputs on my multiviewer to see what is going out. These are Identified with Mix 1 [Current Source Name].

This is great letting you know what is Feeding the mix. Where I run into issue is knowing if Mix 1 is actually set to Program (which is on a given input) or if Mix 1 is set specifically to said input.

Program is currently showing Input 1

Mix 1 [Input 1]
    Mix 2 [Input 1]

The only way I can tell the difference is to move the program bus around and see if it changes or not, or open up the Output configuration and see what is set.

I think it would be great to see something like:

Mix 1 [PGRM - Input1] - Configured to show Program which currently is set to input 1
    Mix 2 [Input 1] - Configured to only show Input 1

This would allow the operator to know at a glance what is currently configured on the Mix outputs from the multiveiw

Mix 1-4 do not usually change dynamically during a show. Generally, they are configured manually, and remain static thereafter. And if memory serves, the Mix outputs can be renamed. As a workaround, why not change the name of Mix 1 (for example) to "Mix1(PGM)", or something similar?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I had looked at renaming them originally and didnt think you could cause it just opened the output window instead of the normal properties I was looking for. I tried updating the name however can only be 6 chars long compared to normal naming. This is still better than it was before. But I would love to be able to set it to Mix 1 - PGRM vs Mix1-P

In terms of changing dynamically you are correct, Mix 1 during the show is usually set to program and not changed but name in the multiviewer will always be [name of mix] - [Current input on program]

Maybe the better way to have worded this is: The mix names have a dynamic adjustment after the Mix name when on the multiview. When the mix is set to Program I would expect the dynamic part to say Program or PRGRM or something to this effect versus the current input on program which is misleading