Thread: Selecting/Navigating Clips in DDR

Andrew Carlson

Selecting/Navigating Clips in DDR

When going through clips in the DDR's....

To select a clip to delete or clear in/out points (selected clips are outlined in white) you need to use the arrow keys (or mouse...but I want to use keys). When you get to the end of a row, you have to press the down/up arrows to get to the clips in rows below/above the row you're in....continuing to press the right arrow will only take you to the right end of that row....and may times you want the next clip in the sequence so you have to press DOWN and then LEFT many times to get to that clip.

I WISH that if you continued to press the left and right arrow keys that it would jump you to the next row (when you got to the end of that row).....right arrow would jump you to the row below and start over on the left side. left arrow would jump you to the row above and start over on the right side.

This is how it works in WINDOWS when you're browsing through files and using the arrow keys (icon view).

I use a MACRO to jump between clips ("ddr2_forward" or "ddr2_back") but this doesn't actually SELECT the clip...it just highlights it in blue so it's cued up. You can't delete it or clear the in/out points b/c it's not actually selected.

The "ddr2_select_clips" uses an actual value of clip in the DDR....if there's no value. I've tried to remove the value but then it won't select a clip.

Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    When going through clips in the DDR's....

To select a clip to delete or clear in/out points (selected clips are outlined in white) you need to use the arrow keys (or mouse...but I want to use keys). When you get to the end of a row, you have to press the down/up arrows to get to the clips in rows below/above the row you're in....continuing to press the right arrow will only take you to the right end of that row....and may times you want the next clip in the sequence so you have to press DOWN and then LEFT many times to get to that clip.

I WISH that if you continued to press the left and right arrow keys that it would jump you to the next row (when you got to the end of that row).....right arrow would jump you to the row below and start over on the left side. left arrow would jump you to the row above and start over on the right side.

This is how it works in WINDOWS when you're browsing through files and using the arrow keys (icon view).

I use a MACRO to jump between clips ("ddr2_forward" or "ddr2_back") but this doesn't actually SELECT the clip...it just highlights it in blue so it's cued up. You can't delete it or clear the in/out points b/c it's not actually selected.

The "ddr2_select_clips" uses an actual value of clip in the DDR....if there's no value. I've tried to remove the value but then it won't select a clip.

I had this issue and NewTek recently included: _selection_forward & _selection_back

It will move forward the way you want I am pretty sure not only selecting it but moving the play head to it. I use it for applying clip properties.

Andrew Carlson
    Thanks for the tip. I also found that if you put a "play" and "stop" command in the macro that it will also select the clip.

Is there a list of all the macros that can be used??

FULL LIST OF ALL TRICASTER MACROS
    https://jonjones.co/blog/full-list-o...caster-macros/