Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best external render engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    We switched to Unreal, as our render engine. It totally saved us.
    Know of anyone doing medical with Unreal / Unity as the renderer? I'd love to go that route, seeing that RedShift won't ever work with Lightwave (other than exporting to another package) I don't see a ton of high quality organic things yet in Unreal, other than landscapes and hard surfaced things. I know things are getting very close!

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    also check >

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ligh...7780664661252/

He used FG, not sure what that is ?
    1min rendertime

yea, I assumed he meant FG final gather and QMC montecarlo, I can only assume he meant brute force (MC) and interpolated as we don't have FG,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    Know of anyone doing medical with Unreal / Unity as the renderer? I'd love to go that route, seeing that RedShift won't ever work with Lightwave (other than exporting to another package) I don't see a ton of high quality organic things yet in Unreal, other than landscapes and hard surfaced things. I know things are getting very close!
    We do arch-viz and there is a ton of info about it so it wasn't too difficult to transition. I don't know of anyone doing medical stuff. As far as organic there are children's episodic TV shows being made in Unreal now. (Zafari) If you go that route you might be elegible for a grant by Epic.
    Quote: "If you are working on an innovative enterprise project using UE4, whether a visualization, simulation, design, interactive application, or VR/MR/AR project for architecture, automotive, manufacturing, or other non-game industry, you can apply for a grant to earn funding."

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    We do arch-viz and there is a ton of info about it so it wasn't too difficult to transition. I don't know of anyone doing medical stuff. As far as organic there are children's episodic TV shows being made in Unreal now. (Zafari) If you go that route you might be elegible for a grant by Epic.
    Quote: "If you are working on an innovative enterprise project using UE4, whether a visualization, simulation, design, interactive application, or VR/MR/AR project for architecture, automotive, manufacturing, or other non-game industry, you can apply for a grant to earn funding."
    Good to know! Thanks!

I use Octane for two years right now.
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123