Thread: Please do something about the bezier bridge.

Please do something about the bezier bridge.

Bumping, seems the link isnīt working for this anymore..
    Anyway..the default newer Bezier bridge should be replaced with AW bezier bridge or improved to work like it..or better,the image is from the AW bezier bridge, not the newer native spline bridge..that has no ability to add control handles by right clicking for instance.

http://www.artssphere.com/plugins/bezierbridge.php

Not sure if he has stopped working with lw plugins now..or why they donīt work, last update 2016.

I got it downloaded though..so I can use it, but...the lightwave team needs to adress this in the latest bridge tool they made as native for 2012019...that tool is quite bad..it has no tension handles, and you can not right click and add handles in it as we can with spline bridge.

So please lw team, work on a better spline bridge tool ..if not buying out artspheres plugin, it is much better than the one that was added natively.

Attachment 146712

It should be quite embarrassing actually. To have access to the very inner workings of LW and to be outdone by a 3rd party with limited access - yes - embarrassing. I could point to at least of a dozen examples where this is true on these "simple" things.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    It should be quite embarrassing actually. To have access to the very inner workings of LW and to be outdone by a 3rd party with limited access - yes - embarrassing. I could point to at least of a dozen examples where this is true on these "simple" things.
    Yes I may think so too, also a little baffled there isnīt any just as good spline bridge tool in blender either..not from the responses I got there so far, but only one managed to answer, the native bridge or loop tools doesnīt have this kind of spline control, to right click to add handle, or ctrl click to remove it, I got another suggestion to check a tool which in essential just adds curves snapped perpendicular to the face of two polys, but it isnīt bridging merging, and no tension either I think..then you have to remesh it..not the same thing.

And this was released 2008 by Art, quite some time ago.
    Sorry for crossposting this bump, I first replied to a thread about the Bezier bridge..but didnīt notice it was mac section, thought it should be noitfied for all.

Also..Art did release this for free, a good will gesture somehow, for the work done by Lightwave managers, and you would have improved the quality already..no need to do the work, it will then ship with Lightwave natively, depending on how art sees it and what he can get for it, it may be that he doesnīt want them to have it natively ..so that is one factor though.

But making this happen, with additional improvements perhaps...then we can get rid of one of them, instead of having two tools..and where on is actually obsolete..even though it was released as one of the newest modeling tools in the newer Lightwave versions.

LW team need Modeler devs...I think or just hire the devs from all around the world, internet you know..you got to do something when a free community of blender devs is out there to match the competition, artsphere, sensei and some more.

I do wonder if that Modeler survey will have any meaningful impact on development.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    I do wonder if that Modeler survey will have any meaningful impact on development.
    Hard to say. 2019 brought some meaningful upgrades to Modeler - UV enhancements and smoothing groups among others. Biggest issue with Modeler is that heavy polygon performance is terrible. Overall though I like the design of Modeler.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Art only needs to make the plugin non destructible, and also preferably for layout.
    I like many of his other plugins as well, nipponites are cool, but to slow to use frequently, would be ubersome if we could have banding/ribbing option within a bridge tool.