Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LWGreeble Uncompiled Text for Share

Newbie Member
    Hello everybody!

This was so long ago...my memory is hazy. I think Earthworm Jim's GREEBLE plugin was different (and in many ways better...i think it handled certain types of polygons better) but that was all his. I don't think he shared the code. Mine did okay though and since it was LW script it's easy to read. All the code is by me. I hereby allow anyone to fork it or pick it apart for their own uses. If you want to release a new version of LWGreeble, you might mention it was based on my code...but it's not that important to me.
    -buzz

Newbie Member
    pretty sure the one with the better formatted comments is the more recent/complete one. Why didn't I add dates or increment a version number? #sad
    -buzz

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    How would you go about purchasing this without a dongle ID?
    Well, even the dongle-free licensing has a "dongle ID", it's just tied to the software license as I understand it. That's why some of us with existing dongle-based licenses had to get special software licenses back in the day, it was to ensure the software-produced ID matched the ID we had in our dongles.

There's a couple of ways to get the info, I keep mine written down somewhere, but if you ask Kelly @ Liberty3D I'm sure he can tell you how to extract it.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

You go to the Help Menu in Layout or Modeler and you choose About (LightWave|Modeler). Your product lock is at the bottom left.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Well, even the dongle-free licensing has a "dongle ID", it's just tied to the software license as I understand it. That's why some of us with existing dongle-based licenses had to get special software licenses back in the day, it was to ensure the software-produced ID matched the ID we had in our dongles.

There's a couple of ways to get the info, I keep mine written down somewhere, but if you ask Kelly @ Liberty3D I'm sure he can tell you how to extract it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    You go to the Help Menu in Layout or Modeler and you choose About (LightWave|Modeler). Your product lock is at the bottom left.

B
    Thanks folks! That looks more fully featured than the LWGreeble script.... A possible.purchase after all of the 3rd Powers stuff and maybe Marmoset Toolbag.

...A possible.purchase after all of the ...
    This greeble script is still free and seems to function in LW 2019...

http://earthwormjim.free.fr/lscript/modeler/greeble/
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    This greeble script is still free and seems to function in LW 2019...

http://earthwormjim.free.fr/lscript/modeler/greeble/
    I downloaded it last night and tried it, but I couldn't seem to get either the older script or the 2015 script to produce results.

It ran, but it either crashed, produced errors, or produced one or two single poly face greebles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	146705

I will have to go back to the web page and find out what I'm doing wrong.

Otherwise, zuzzabuzz's (sp?) script seems to work fairly well for simple stuff.

Still considering QuadPanels for the future.

Still considering QuadPanels for the future.
    You're making it sound like a major investment, but it's a $20 plugin.

No wonder the LW third-party plugin economy is dying.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quadpanels is excellent and indeed is well worth the price. I have two licenses, one for each of my two machines.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    You're making it sound like a major investment, but it's a $20 plugin.

No wonder the LW third-party plugin economy is dying.
    It's not the cost... it's where it stands in my list of priorities.

I originally posted the greeble script to share for those who might not have had it and had a need for it. I personally don't have a current need for greebles/nurnies.

In the past year I have spent a small fortune on hardware and software and I still have three or four pieces of software in the queue for purchase as well as some fairly expensive camera gear to complete my personal studio set-up.

So when I look at purchasing something that at the moment is unnecessary compared to other priorities, I know that $20 already has a home.

It's on the list... just not at the top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zuzzabuzz View Post
    Hello everybody!

This was so long ago...my memory is hazy. I think Earthworm Jim's GREEBLE plugin was different (and in many ways better...i think it handled certain types of polygons better) but that was all his. I don't think he shared the code. Mine did okay though and since it was LW script it's easy to read. All the code is by me. I hereby allow anyone to fork it or pick it apart for their own uses. If you want to release a new version of LWGreeble, you might mention it was based on my code...but it's not that important to me.
    I'm sure that is very much appreciated!

Honestly, I was just trying to share it but didn't have access to the drive it was saved on to be able to copy it over / upload it. So I tried to re-create it (literally just retype it).

But then I got the attribution wrong... which led to some misunderstandings, all started by me.

Luckily, people with far more knowledge (art, raymondtrace, bill carrey) were able to help clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by zuzzabuzz View Post
    pretty sure the one with the better formatted comments is the more recent/complete one. Why didn't I add dates or increment a version number? #sad
    That's funny, because the one I have works better than the two that raymondtrace shared earlier in this thread. But it has the same version number as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12