Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RealFlow --> Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    The best plan is to contact Hurley and ask directly. Developers are motivated to continue projects when they know there's interest. Most LW plugin developers are 1-person operations.

After some silence on YouTube, a new demonstration was just posted this week. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9C...egHNd61z4yYSFQ

He's still developing...just not sure what tool this is.
    Yes, you´re right. I just wrote him an email.
    /Samsoe

Quote Originally Posted by Carm3D View Post
    I'm looking forward to when Storm gets it's point deformer feature so we can do soft bodies with it!!
    But are you able to get motion data into LW for true 3D motion blur? RSMB is good, but the real thing is just that extra kick
    /Samsoe

Then the point deformer works, yes motion blur will work. Not with .obj sequences.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

I'm looking forward to when Storm gets it's point deformer feature so we can do soft bodies with it!!
    Hi Carm, I've been looking into Storm / Houdini / BlenderFluids

Lately i've been wondering, Why should I choose Storm instead of the $70 Blenderphysics plugin,
    also adding OD Tools we can import Foam,Spray,Waves easily.

Storm for LW is interesting, but is it a smarter path than the $70 Blenderphysics plugin?
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

If you want a liquid solution, then Houdini or Blender is a better option... You can do foam, etc. I bought Storm for it's potential of doing amazing soft bodies. The liquids it does is just a nice bonus, and it does them far better than UP.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

Thank You! good info! 

Storm does create white-water based on how fast it moves, but that is lost when meshing. If LW could load .BIN or possibly particle-based alembics we would at least get that bit of extra detail.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

Newbie Member
    Mantaflow will do everything the flip fluids add on does, plus it does fire and smoke also and its free in the upcoming 2.82 release.

Mantaflow = pretty neat, but read there were quite many crashes at the moment. + no LightWave plugin.

Storm might get more advanced water fluids in the near future, but looks a bit limited now.

If you want a liquid solution, then Houdini or Blender is a better option... You can do foam, etc. I bought Storm for it's potential of doing amazing soft bodies. The liquids it does is just a nice bonus, and it does them far better than UP.
    The OD Houdini Shelf Tools are extremely cool a long with the work he has done regarding Blender (Flip Fluids).

Houdini
    https://vimeo.com/325587339

Flip Fluids
    https://vimeo.com/showcase/4335852/video/294946103

/Samsoe

The OD Houdini Shelf Tools are extremely cool a long with the work he has done regarding Blender (Flip Fluids).

Houdini
    https://vimeo.com/325587339

Flip Fluids
    https://vimeo.com/showcase/4335852/video/294946103

/Samsoe

indeed. 

both nice. i guess Houdini must be superior in terms of quality / calculation times. (?)

Not so sure... Storm has a video comparing calculation times to Houdini, showing how Storm is faster.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

yep, Storm seems limited tho' in regards to Foam, ParticleSpray, Waves
    once they get that...

Houdini >

when it comes to Houdini vs Blender Flip Fluids, i think perhaps Houdini is faster ?  not sure tho'
    Last edited by erikals; 01-27-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12