Thread: 460 AE2 Record Chop not working

2005 NewTek Demo Guru

460 AE2 Record Chop not working

Recently our Tricaster 460 AE2 has development a problem where the "record chop" feature stops working. Under normal conditions I record two "mixes" one for program out, the other for instant replay. So there is the record button at the top of the UI, and then two buttons with "mix 1" and "mix 2" to the right of the record button. Clicking on either of these buttons during a recording "chops" the recording and places a clip in the DDR with the settings configured in the replay tab.

However, this normal operation has stopped working correctly. Now it only works for the first 10 or 15 minutes of a recording, and then it no longer works. The recording continues but clicking to chop doesn't do anything. I can exit out and come back in, and it again will work for 10 or 15 minutes before not working.

I have tried new sessions. I have upgraded to the latest AE2 build 5-1-191224. I have tried recording to different drives. I have tried recording only one mix. The problem remains the same.

Our system has stayed the same with no config changes or add-ons. This problem appeared last week seemingly out of the blue.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    UPDATE

Can someone from NewTek chime in here and confirm that the record and chop feature is related and tied to the Windows system clock???

I believe that it is, because I've had some weirdness with the date/time which I'm thinking is a bad CMOS battery on the motherboard. But I'm curious if the recording and the chop is referencing the system time. In other words, if the clock is off, or the clock is changing, would that affect the recording.

thanks!
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

Recording can vary a bit from one major version to another, but I certainly think that if the timecode is based off the system clock (as opposed to LTC), and that this is unreliable, it could affect recording Jon.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We also have a problem with the replay macro working. Pressing the key for the macro to run does nothin. Pushing the button with a mouse will trigger the macro. I just did an update to the newest AE2 on an 860. We have used this option for a couple of years and now it just quit working.