Thread: My first spaceship

My first spaceship

Hi:
    i finished modeling my first spaceship in lightwave.
    please tell me what do you think of it.
    Thank you !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white.jpg001.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	146666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	white002.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	146667  
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Quote Originally Posted by rednova View Post
    Hi:
    i finished modeling my first spaceship in lightwave.
    please tell me what do you think of it.
    Thank you !!!
    I think you have made good use of the basic shape primitives in your design and that it's a good start!

You might want to consider using some of the other tools to form and shape parts of your spaceship from the main hull mesh.

For example, extender plus (Modeler > Multiply > Extender Plus) can be used to create your wings and center top fin by extending the side and top polygons that make up your hull.

That way, your spaceship would be one solid mesh and would have clean joins.

You can see how Extender Plus works by going to this Youtube video by William Vaughn LightWave 8 Extender Plus.

The video might also give you some ideas on things you can do with your model.

This tutorial from Antony Hall might help as well LW Spaceship tutorial

Another thing you might want to consider with your model is adding detail, like you see on spaceships on TV and movies. The little panels and objects sticking out of those spaceships are called greebles and nurnies and they come from scale model builders and 3d artists who worked on Star Wars and shows like Babylon 5.

The addition of greebles and nurnies can make your ship looke more complex.

There are some plugins for Lightwave Modeler that can help create those details, but I'm not sure how familiar you are with them, so it might be better if you tried it yourself first.

Keep updating this thread on your progress so we can see what you do with your spaceship next!

Hi RPSchmidt
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post !!!
    I appreciate your comments very much.
    I have a basic idea on how to add greebles and nurnies to my ship, but I have never done it before so it will be my first time to do it.
    I never used the extender tool before, but I have seen it in action in a few video tutorials, so I might be able to start using it soon.
    I look forward to keep working on my spaceship, so I expect to keep updating this thread from now on, as I keep improving on my design.
    Thank you !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-