Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VIPER camera preview not working on other PC

Frequenter
    I was digging really deep in my folders and I found a hack that we needed back then - well, the files date stamp says 2006 - when we were still using pmG messiah and had encountered similar problems. See attached screengrab I also found in that folder:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KommaPeriodIssue.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	146838
    Someone came up with a registry hack. I donīt recall what the exact circumstances were when the problem appeared, even less so why... but we just had to add it to the registry on the problematic system and it worked flawlessly afterwards.

I am not really certain it is compatible with Win10 - but maybe your admins can have a look at the reg.entry that I attached here. Hope it helps...
    komma_made_dot.zip

Cheers!

Worst 3D artist ever Geoff Vane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Have you checked the 'Decimal symbol' setting buried deep in Control Panel ?

To get there:
    Go to the 'Clock and Region' panel in Control Panel
    Click on Region
    Click on the 'Additional settings' button
    You can then select the required symbol from the 'Decimal symbol' drop down list

This screen grab shows the panels involved

Attachment 146837

Hope this helps
    Alas, PC1 has the right symbols. Dot and comma seems to be like they should, in Windows. But when Layout is started, I can already see the comma popping up in the camera zoom setting. Strange thing is that it isn't throughout the entire application. Some settings read a dot like we want to see them. A pity we don't have a later version of lightwave.
    Using LW since 1997 and still can't work with it...

Worst 3D artist ever Geoff Vane's Avatar
    OKAY! It works. Sorta. At least I can now synchronize all PCs. A mutilated scene has to be rescued with character replace. But all PCs can be set on the same dot and comma treatment.

I thank you all for helping me out.
    Using LW since 1997 and still can't work with it...

Frequenter
    So, you got it working between the different PCs, but sometimes a scene file still gets corrupted in regards to comma/dot confusion? What did you end up doing that "sorta works"?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123