Thread: Shuttle Macro for DDR's

Shuttle Macro for DDR's

I have a novation Launchpad Mini that I use with my tricaster 860 AE2. I use it to fire off all my macros.
    I am trying to create a macro to be able to shuttle back and forth with my DDR2.
    I have macros setup to record 4 angles of replay and when I hit my macro button (Say Cam 1) it clips it and drops it in Bin 1 of DDR 2. Sometimes I am a little late on my chop or a little too early. I am looking to create a macro that will allow me to push a button on my launch pad that will rewind in real time and then set a new input or same with another button go forward to set a new out. It is really hard to just grab the beginning of the clip and drag because it goes to far. It will be faster if I can just playback slow, stop, set new input. Same with output.

Anyone done this before.

Thanks
    Last edited by invica; 01-15-2020 at 01:03 PM.

I have a very similar setup. In my case I made a macro that would jump too the current in point (or out point) and then jump to + or - 1 second and update the appropriate in/out point. Then I could choose to jump again. I also have a button to set the new in/out point if I want to make the clip shorter to an exact frame. Seeking works well enough but it respects the current in/out points and wont go past them. Another option would be to clear the in point which will jump the clip too the start of your recording, then jump too the current out point, then begin a ddr2_seek -400 or so (higher the number the faster the re-wind) and then set a new in point. I have requested a few times a method to allow seeking to break past the in/out point markers but I don't think it is in the software at this time in relation to the seek call.

I have an x-keys I am setting up to control things from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xkeys.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	456.1 KB 
ID:	146656
    Last edited by stp_productions; 01-16-2020 at 06:10 AM.

That is a pretty awesome X-Keys setup! I have a X-Keys 80 setup very similar but a use a second one for replay.

I recently stopped taking my Tricaster to events where I needed to switch and run simple replays from the same machine. For some reason on my mini, as soon as I start marking and playing back replays it always locks the machine up. Very frustrating.

I might be wrong but I think there are not only some shuttle commands but old commands that the time warp used as well that came in handy. When I build out my X Keys replay controller I hooked up my time warp and recorded some macros then copied some of those commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_TVPat1982 View Post
    That is a pretty awesome X-Keys setup! I have a X-Keys 80 setup very similar but a use a second one for replay.

I recently stopped taking my Tricaster to events where I needed to switch and run simple replays from the same machine. For some reason on my mini, as soon as I start marking and playing back replays it always locks the machine up. Very frustrating.

I might be wrong but I think there are not only some shuttle commands but old commands that the time warp used as well that came in handy. When I build out my X Keys replay controller I hooked up my time warp and recorded some macros then copied some of those commands.

I did something similar and found a lot of undocumented things by using the TC1 control surface. Would you be willing to send me a macro that contained the button presses of a time warp? Just hitting record and then pressing each button would probably tell me quite a bit.

I wish I could but I no longer have that machine.