Thread: Let the Games begin Real Time Fluids !

Let the Games begin Real Time Fluids !

JangaFX Embergen

Wow thats incredible!

I definitely think VFX and 3D are moving towards some kind of pre-built universal engine that everyone will use and produce assets for. Everything will be "off the shelf" and drag and drop with pre-rigged setups, physics and dynamics... I suppose the whole thing might run like a game.

I think going forward we are going to see VFX moving out of the hands of skilled artists and facilities and the home user will be able to produce some very slick looking visuals in "the engine"

This scares the heck out of me.
    Scott

Cape Town, South Africa
    http://www.youtube.com/user/independentvfx

Closest to that is Unreal Engine 4....
    btw Above fluid simulations will have vdb export support with static and moving mesh import for collisions so for use with lightwave.
    Last edited by 3dhotshot; 01-15-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quite a bit better than what we can do with fluids in Blender eevee,
    but it is still blocky in many areas, and while we can see a very nice black body gradient scattering going on inside of the volume, I can not see it using physical lights that is affecting the smoke ..and also with some GI style..and that is what is neccessary, for realism.

Darn impressive anyway.
    Evee can probably get some nice fire in realtime for stills, but not when scrubbing, it will not be able to have the volume properly following the fluids..baking would do it, but not for any realtime changes, you would need
    workbench rendermode for that, but then you loose out on other things, such as shading control

I'm still waiting for embergen to implement collisions, at the very least with primitives. Then... man oh man is it going to clean house in the sim department.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

They have an up rez feature above was mostly about 124 / 256 / 384 / i noticed higher you go the more powerful gpu you will need with alot more cores in it for smooth playback in real time

Quote Originally Posted by scott.newman.ct View Post
    Wow thats incredible!

I definitely think VFX and 3D are moving towards some kind of pre-built universal engine that everyone will use and produce assets for. Everything will be "off the shelf" and drag and drop with pre-rigged setups, physics and dynamics... I suppose the whole thing might run like a game.

I think going forward we are going to see VFX moving out of the hands of skilled artists and facilities and the home user will be able to produce some very slick looking visuals in "the engine"

This scares the heck out of me.
    Yes, but they will still need people to produce the assets - and often these are bespoke to a client. There will always be the need to have bespoke modelling/texturing/animating. Plus there's the eye for it - not everyone has that, nor the time. But yes - it's going to shake up.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

I wonder when we will see this next gen Smoker do a Big Film opener in flaming type-faces ?

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    Yes, but they will still need people to produce the assets - and often these are bespoke to a client. There will always be the need to have bespoke modelling/texturing/animating. Plus there's the eye for it - not everyone has that, nor the time. But yes - it's going to shake up.
    Absolutely kopperdrake! The "eye for it" is not something everyone has... but gosh, have you seen what AI is up to these days? Its not long before AI is able to compete with the human mind in terms of creativity and storytelling. But hopefully that is still a way off.
    Scott

Cape Town, South Africa
    http://www.youtube.com/user/independentvfx