Thread: Tricaster Restore - How safe is that?

Tricaster Restore - How safe is that?

Hello,

I have a Tricaster 8000, with lot of issues. I want to try a factory restore.

What do I have to do to preserve all the scenes I have? All my custom Virtual sets, graphics and files? What about every custom file is on C: and D:?
    What about the Virtual Set Editor files?

Also, do I need installation disc?

Thank you.

on my TC1 the restore appears to be focused on C:\ it completely wiped the drive and re-imaged it back to the day it left the factory. So if any items were stored on the C: in downloads etc I believe those will be lost. I would recomend using the backup session option and back your sessions up to an external drive to be safe.

I think that that option will backup the session, but what about all my custom virtual set and such?

I havent worked with virtual sets much but when I made custom transitions I had it make an installer and I saved those to an external drive. Can you do the same with the virtual set editor?

If it is on the C: drive it will be wiped out. Sessions, ddr clips, recording and titles are not typically stored on C:, but custom virtual sets, wipes and additional fonts are usually located on the C: drive, make sure you back those up.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok, thank you. Will I need any sort of disc installation? Windows or Tricaster?

Just have your info handy to re-register the software so it can be activated. The image is in place of traditional CDs

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Just have your info handy to re-register the software so it can be activated. The image is in place of traditional CDs
    I imagine this image is in a partition of C, right?

Yeah you just follow the on screen guide. On the TC1 when booting you have the option of doing a restore or booting into the normal software. You want to use that restore not the windows one etc.

Ok, thanks for the help

Ok, I restored the system, but now Tricaster ask to restore the sessions. My folders with all the session are all on D, but the system can't see them. If i click on restore session it search for a zip file, which i don't have.
    What's wrong?

You may need to update your TriCaster to current software or at least the level of the software you had before. Restore puts it back to the way it was when it was shipped out to you. If you've upgraded to any of the Advanced Editions, it may not understand those new sessions. Getting the correct version of TriCaster software should make those show up as available sessions again.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52