Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVATAR 2- new images

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

yup..obviously concept art, I was fooled by the article stating it was from the new movie...

Hereīs a bigger image, with the Sign of Dylan cole as concept artist, typical distinct vue environment, and looking in detail at some of the elements, they look simply bad....especially if you were to compare what to be expeced from finished movie pieces.
    A typical vue aura of bleeched color tone all over th image, which I sort of loath in many vue pictures, it looses depth and contrast in the image.

I am not killing off the image completely, some elements work and are good, but in general it doesnīt fit in to what previously been seen for the real avatar images, or what you may expect.

Guess the concept art here aids in how they are designing the movie overall, but for finished sets, they would have to work immensly with the ground texturing, shading of the trees and the lighting, placement of the trees etc.

i wonder if Rob went back to work in these. Hopefully so.

Yes, he is silent online, so hope he is having fun working on it.
    Loved his work on Avatar.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    i wonder if Rob went back to work in these. Hopefully so.
    I checked his imdb list some days ago, there is nothing of avatar, nor any movie at all for some time ago in his list, he shifted gear to something else when becoming part of the Lightwave group, and I didnīt see any credits of him in avatar 2, who knows if he somehow still will be involved, but I guess not if they already established a certain pipiline, He was fortunate to live in the same area as James I think, and also sharing the same interest of marine life, and also having the background of animated characters and using Lightwave for concepting art and pre-modeling I think, and vue-lightwave combo may have worked well at that time.
    A ctrl f search when having the imdb full cast and crew in the browser..that reveals no Rob Powers.

I am however more curious to know what Rob Powers Actually are doing now, if he went on to some other software, some other business and if he still models in lightwave or use lightwave for something at all?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12