Thread: The LFS Project

DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Can't it afford it currently....

but its cool to make the old tip and tricks aviable to the (younger) masses...have you considered to post it on cgpress ?

Unfortunately, I can't afford it right now either... which is a shame, because a large amount of what I learned about Lightwave starting out was from Larry Shultz's tutorials on YouTube.

I'm still subscribed to his SplineGod YouTube channel.

Also, I would strongly suggest converting all of the videos to a single consistent format, preferrably MP4 for file size / quality.

Hoping to be able to get the money together to purchase this before the end of the month, but I have other things fighting for my cash as well.

Fantastic to see Larry Schultz aka Splinegod material made widely available again. At one time I did have some moral issues about owning Splinegod material (and know some other Wavers had similar issues at one time) but I rethought that, and feel Kat is a good custodian now. On Webarchive I once came across an article where William Vaughan interviews Larry Schultz - great stuff.

I do understand it is an incomplete course list, but I am wondering if entire courses are not listed or have now been "lost forever" or will just be added in the future. For example, Larry did a 30+ hour Introduction to Lightwave course. The Cartoon Character Modeling course seems not listed. I'm sure there was also a separate cartoon head course too (based on that dude with the big white hair). Larrys Terror Bird tuts ?

Also, I think there is some sort of historical issue with a certain logo. For example I have Larry's entire Project Chariot course and am quite happy to copy it over to Kat for the wider cause so all Wavers can benefit, but it has the K*** logo all over it. Would anyone else donate a copy of anything they have, which Kat may not, in order to complete the library (eg the big Intro course) ? Regardless, it looks really good. If all the courses were there, I would buy sooner than later.

But I never did find out the identity of this guy....
    Last edited by TheLexx; 01-06-2020 at 09:16 AM.

If anyone does have stuff that is missing from the list please contact me.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    If anyone does have stuff that is missing from the list please contact me.
    Hey Kat,

Some years ago, I made a posting regarding a session I happened to capture with Larry at one of his last presentations at the SD users meeting I believe. Made some prelim contact with someone (possibly you) re getting copies out there for posterity, but then never heard back.

Still have those, but not on this system & it's going to be a couple months more before I get back North.

If your interested, please let me know.

M.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

As some of the content in LFSP is already sold in other sets on L3D ( https://www.liberty3d.com/citizens/l...larrys-videos/ ) is there any chance that you'd break up the topics a la carte? It seems painful to pay twice for some of that content. However, if all profits still go to Camilla, maybe that's not so painful.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Nice hearing Foundation (FI) getting a callout again. It's been a while.

There are four Larry tuts listed with San Diego LW Group, but I'm not sure they are in the package. If anyone is on good terms with that group, could they have a respectful nudge to donate to LFS.

http://sdlightwave.com/tutorials.html

I have already sent what I have, but I am not sure it is all usuable. I do also have Introduction to LightWave 3D Modeling & Special FX which contains the Terror Bird tutorial, but one of the chapters titled 05_saddle.mov did not encode correctly to the disc and lost video and audio after 2 seconds - but happy to send it if someone else could also send that one missing part.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    ...one of the chapters titled 05_saddle.mov did not encode correctly to the disc and lost video and audio after 2 seconds...
    That's a consistent error on more than just your disc.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    That's a consistent error on more than just your disc.
    Thanks for clarifying raymondtrace. A great pity. Looks like we'll have to settle for Model Half a Terror Bird. Hope it surfaces sometime.