Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

I will be 61 in just over a weeks time and I've been using LW for a very long time
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

80 is the new "getting old".
    60 is the new 40.
    40 is the new 30.
    30 is the new 25.
    20 is still 20... but with way more debt to look forward to.

LWs niche to me is for independent/smaller productions. My missus suggested migrating to Maya, but for an independent producer, that cost isn't justifiable. There are bands/tiers of work that pay at different scales. You have to decide where you want to be.
    I answer to no one, I have fun, I don't make stupid amounts of money, I don't care and don't need to. No one is going to work me into the ground and then kick me to the curb. Lightwave keeps that door open, while allowing me to produce original content that otherwise would never get made. (This is the most important aspect to LWs niche for me)

I kind of loathe the bigger industry and the way it treats its' workers... even more so when they buy into it and perpetuate it like it is the only path. Snobbery and all that. Ego can really ruin the fun, and life is too short. Long live LW as far as I am concerned and all that it stands for... even when it isn't a smooth ride all the time. It isn't that big of a deal unless you have a buried desire to compete with the industrial machine. I feel much of the frustration comes from that, when really, they are totally different things that have a lot in common. It can take a long time for some to realise this because the general perception of the broader industry is to place it all into one big box, but there is no big box.
    A gigantic quarry truck, an HGV, a car and a go-cart are all the exact same thing... but at the same time, not at all. We're talking about the same kind of comparison.

Am I wrong? I'd love to hear honest reflections on this. Maybe I'm seeing it incorrectly, but I don't think so. Pride can have a lot to do with it. Tool snobbery versus what is actually produced (and the audience that don't care or even know that these divisions exist).

LWs niche to me is for independent/smaller productions. My missus suggested migrating to Maya,
    migrating to [B] would make more sense, if one likes the workflow / ca tools.
    Maya and others seem a bit slow on the development side honestly, might as well stick to LightWave.
    not to mention the subscription issue. (they keep your files hostage)

LightWave is still great for a One Man Band.

and will be interesting to see what 2020 brings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	we-want-answers-memegenerator-net-we-want-answers-brick-tamland-53317429.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	146881

we always do, and the answer is always the same...

Last edited by erikals; 02-15-2020 at 08:14 AM.

I started using Lightwave at 19, now I'm 35!
    Still can't believe I'm getting old. ��

- - - Updated - - -

I started using Lightwave at 19, now I'm 35!
    Still can't believe I'm getting old. 😂

35!
    bah, nothing!

i still can date cute chicks 23 years old, i'm 43...

don't underestimate yourself.

don't tell yourself you are burnt out, after all, you are smarter than ever (!)

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

bah, nothing!

don't underestimate yourself.

Dolph (Drago) Lundgren 62 dating Emma Krokdal 23, then again..the dude is still in physical shape I think, the hair is still there...both having fitness as a bit of life style, met on a gym.
    So that should indicate I would need to loose fat, ditch the 3D stuff, go to the gym with a toupee...unfortunately I also miss his smartness(rumoured to be over IQ 160, though he said he had so many punches on his head that his as smart as a chimp)
    I also lack his fame and money..so a lot to catch up too.
    Guess there are many men envying him, and in some cases perhaps would call him lecherous, But I see no issues with it and I would only gratulate him, whish him luck..if itīs bound to not work out or not, who knows.

So yeah..Some young women may be attracted to some of that, or all of it in various degree.
    If wealth is the major key thing, you could build a playboy bunny ranch.

No seriously, being in the right social network and mingling a lot, you are probably bound to met someone to fall for, wether that would be someone in your own age or older or younger.
    Wait..how did it come to this, LW2020 fix updated?? wrong thread, wrong forum I guess.

I reckon both Lightwave and some older users need to shape up.

I could have too at that age, but after 50, a lot changed for me in the attraction apartment and health as well..plus your testesteron start to decline more rapidly...
    which probably will affect the attraction you have on women to some degree, not all though.

But donīt worry, you got at least 6 years left if that cycle would be true for you that is.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Lundgren... the dude is still in physical shape I think, the hair is still there...
    Yeah... I'm sure its got nothing to do with him being a millionaire or anything.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Yeah... I'm sure its got nothing to do with him being a millionaire or anything.
    I did mentioned fame and with all that may come with that..but failed to mentioned money..

That may surely be a part of it..not denying that at all, but..there are other guys worth more than Dolph..if it was all about money, the case is they didnīt show up at the gym everyday to encounter her, and most of those worth more than Dolph would probably look worse than dolph at that age.

Not all gals would accept living with hugh hefner either...if it was all about money why not.
    No denial though, for many women...they bluntely state in ads, no economic issues..good work/ social situation..to avoid issues on that front, and to get their presents when needed...many women, not all.
    I wonder how much of that would be a case of history social behavior inherited in order to secure a good living for their kids or themself, or something else.

Who knows, maybe the girl just jumped on because of the money, and not his looks, his intelligence and humour etc, or maybe she found all of those aspects attractive, or maybe it was not at all about money, the gal should now and we speculate about what is most likely.

Hope lightWave continue is journey. For me would be great an affordable upgrade. I use lightWave to build assets for my apps and the revenue doesn’t pay the iOS annual subscription.
    It’s hard, but I still do it for the fun and the love to an old great tool.

it isn't the age i'm thinking of tho'

it is rather >

don't listen to people who make up the rules for you "You Can't Do That"
    don't limit yourself

most of us are guilty in following both point 1 and point 2
    as long as you're an alright person, you should do anything you want to.

i've been surrounded by the "You Can't Do That" people too long,
    in the end i gave them the pinky finger and said "buzz off"

---------

Lundgren 62 dating Emma Krokdal 23
    cool by me, if it is true love, have strong doubts tho', after all there is a limit, and 40 years obviously is pushing it to the edge.
    so, they're probably just having fun at each others expense. which is quite legal, and they are both aware of it.
    Last edited by erikals; 02-15-2020 at 04:15 PM.

it isn't the age i'm thinking of tho'

it is rather >

don't listen to people who make up the rules for you "You Can't Do That"
    don't limit yourself

most of us are guilty in following both point 1 and point 2
    as long as you're an alright person, you should do anything you want to.
    Great, I will keep that in mind when I am 88..have no clue on who I am, and is about to get my diapers changed...At that moment, Iīll try to make a move on that beautiful 24 year old Nurse girl taking care of me , Iīm looking for a happy ending in the last days of my life
    Just need a big...."p" to get her excited.

Can we now run some de-aging tech on "some LW parts" then again, as with almost all things, comes down to money.

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast