Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Meaning what?
    I guess he talks about LW 5.6 UI?

- - - Updated - - -

Meaning what?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X (64 cores/ 128 threads)
    64GB Ram
    Quadro 620
    Windows 10 Pro x64

My favorite was the Lightwave 8 UI which I think carried over into the 9 series as well.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Glad to see the update, but I sure hope that they can improve the rendering speeds.

Have an idea.
    Wouldn’t it be nice if we start a new sticky thread for all new feature when 2020 releases. At least for the bigger features/changes. That way we could talk about a specific features and users can do tests, ask, post examples and in the best of worlds maybe someone from the lightwave development team or from the beta group could sometime jump in and help out. Then It would a lot easier for new users or anyone who need to know the ins and out for a specific to go back and find the right information.

Remember when 2019 was released. How many of the same question have we seen over the year about noise reduction, buffers, fireflies, PBR workflow and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I would say I deep inside knew that, just having a bit hard accepting a version number and a question mark, how about 5.6?
    Sorry Gar26LW, at least you keep it short as opposed to my lengthy messages

Quote Originally Posted by Meshbuilder View Post
    Have an idea.
    Wouldn’t it be nice if we start a new sticky thread for all new feature when 2020 releases. At least for the bigger features/changes. That way we could talk about a specific features and users can do tests, ask, post examples and in the best of worlds maybe someone from the lightwave development team or from the beta group could sometime jump in and help out. Then It would a lot easier for new users or anyone who need to know the ins and out for a specific to go back and find the right information.

Remember when 2019 was released. How many of the same question have we seen over the year about noise reduction, buffers, fireflies, PBR workflow and so on.
    Could be a good idea, but I think the maintainance of it would be on us users, seems they have little time to update the forums here properly and focus more on the blog, or main page or facebook.

They still need to get the 2019.1.5 release in to the Lightwave announcement...
    https://forums.newtek.com/forumdispl...-Announcements

And they need to do it asap, so we do not get a history gap when 2020 arrives..then it would be missing the 2019.1.5 release news.
    I think it needs to be set by the Lightwave forum team as a forum Main section...such as "Lighwave 2020 new features" then the question if that would be enough or if that section would need subsections per feature?

Thatīs a bit of a problem with the forums here, it could be cleaned up, and restructured..but the Lightwave forum master also needs to know how and what we feel is proper in order to do so I guess.

And ..No snow in stockholm at this time yet, canīt remember when that happened the last time, but I guess itīs different for you

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Glad to see the update, but I sure hope that they can improve the rendering speeds.
    One of the major things to deal with I agree, for me..fiberFX is now not usable for me due to the long iteration times in vpr while tweaking, they need to adress that..or I would need another sollution such as octane, currently only workin in blender for hair.
    As for volumetrics, does a decent job If not using radiosity, itīs when you need to raise rays for indirect illumination it becomes too slow, comparing to GPU indirect bounces in blender for volumes for instance.
    Then also global scattering, the amount of samples needed to get clean volumetrics is crazy..and ergo so rendertimes, sure..noise filtering perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshbuilder View Post
    Have an idea.

I think it's a great idea, cos stops stuff being lost & re-re asked for!
    Why don't you send your idea to S. Bowie & maybe Bee Vee
    who are LW3dG guys to see what they feel? It will need new
    page structures on this Forum , aleast ONE major folder say LW 2020. Good Luck

I think it should link onto Lightwiki as well

Could be a good idea, but I think the maintainance of it would be on us users, seems they have little time to update the forums here properly and focus more on the blog, or main page or facebook.

They still need to get the 2019.1.5 release in to the Lightwave announcement...
    https://forums.newtek.com/forumdispl...-Announcements

And they need to do it asap, so we do not get a history gap when 2020 arrives..then it would be missing the 2019.1.5 release news.
    I think it needs to be set by the Lightwave forum team as a forum Main section...such as "Lighwave 2020 new features" then the question if that would be enough or if that section would need subsections per feature?

Thatīs a bit of a problem with the forums here, it could be cleaned up, and restructured..but the Lightwave forum master also needs to know how and what we feel is proper in order to do so I guess.

And ..No snow in stockholm at this time yet, canīt remember when that happened the last time, but I guess itīs different for you
    Maybe we could have a new lw3d forum page for the 2020 features.
    And over there at least try to keep one thread per feature.

Yes, it’s a wierd winter for sure. We had some snow in December but I don’t think there’s any now. I’m in Australia right now and here there’s definitely no snow. 😄 It was 41 degrees yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    I think it's a great idea, cos stops stuff being lost & re-re asked for!
    Why don't you send your idea to S. Bowie & maybe Bee Vee
    who are LW3dG guys to see what they feel? It will need new
    page structures on this Forum , aleast ONE major folder say LW 2020. Good Luck

I think it should link onto Lightwiki as well
    Sure, I can do that. ��

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    That's part of the reason I decided to get a Threadripper. I think we will probably see something on the rendering front just have no idea what though.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Noticed that my bugs in the bug tracker have been updated as of two days ago, not fixed, just updated. The last time that happened was right before 2019.1.5.

I wonder if this is a sign that the bugs have been moved over to a new build. Update imminent maybe?

Plausible or just reading tea leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    When will people realize that NT lives in a reality where they don't think marketing or customer communication is necessary?
    Totally agree.

If lightwave 2020 does come with GPU processing ability, what sort of API do you think will be used? OpenCl or Vulkan? I hope it isn't CUDA as I have just invested in a Radeon VII which I got at a reasonable price. Even if I can't use the Radeon VII for final rendering purposes, the brute force power for OpenGl in viewport would be enough to warrant getting it anyway. For me it was a flip between a Radeon VII with 16gb of vram or an Nvidia 2080 with 8gb of vram. I felt bettter going for the more VRAM than overall processing power.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBeckwith View Post
    If lightwave 2020 does come with GPU processing ability, what sort of API do you think will be used? OpenCl or Vulkan? I hope it isn't CUDA as I have just invested in a Radeon VII which I got at a reasonable price. Even if I can't use the Radeon VII for final rendering purposes, the brute force power for OpenGl in viewport would be enough to warrant getting it anyway. For me it was a flip between a Radeon VII with 16gb of vram or an Nvidia 2080 with 8gb of vram. I felt bettter going for the more VRAM than overall processing power.
    I hope it is cuda, questionable if they get Any GPU Rendering though.

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast