Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 700

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

  1. #31
    Super Member JohnMarchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Webb View Post
    Then we can have a week of euphoria, followed by months of complaining, followed by months of debate as to when the next release is going to happen
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

    LightWave 2020

    Very nice Laptop

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    227
    I hope they don't announce its release a mere 2 weeks in advance. (Hint, hint) Next Limit did that last year for their Maxwell Render 5 and it caused more ruckas than it should. Bitter users of version 4 kept ranting on social media about their disappointment. At least Autodessys was willing to announce beta testing months before their upcoming Form Z 9. But if NewTek keeps to the previous practice we'll be given a fair grace period to take advantage of upgrade prices. And we'll see enough demos of their new features to decide if its worth it.
    System:

    i7-8086K / GTX 1080 x 2 / 32GB RAM

  3. #33
    Not so newbie member lardbros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,056
    Maybe this thread should be closed? It's the same as every other thread in this forum
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

    Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

  4. #34
    Super Member JohnMarchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    I hope they don't announce its release a mere 2 weeks in advance. (Hint, hint) Next Limit did that last year for their Maxwell Render 5 and it caused more ruckas than it should. Bitter users of version 4 kept ranting on social media about their disappointment. At least Autodessys was willing to announce beta testing months before their upcoming Form Z 9. But if NewTek keeps to the previous practice we'll be given a fair grace period to take advantage of upgrade prices. And we'll see enough demos of their new features to decide if its worth it.
    Of course you can register for the trial and then decide after 1 month if it suits your needs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Maybe this thread should be closed? It's the same as every other thread in this forum
    Agreed.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

    LightWave 2020

    Very nice Laptop

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Of course you can register for the trial and then decide after 1 month if it suits your needs.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Agreed.
    Same here.
    System:

    i7-8086K / GTX 1080 x 2 / 32GB RAM

  6. #36
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Webb View Post
    Then we can have a week of euphoria, followed by monthe of complaining, followed by months of debate as to when the next release is going to happen
    hmm, that sounds pretty good! ;p

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Maybe this thread should be closed? It's the same as every other thread in this forum

    threads like this are a good indicator of when the end user needs a quick fix to keep things moving forward.

  7. #37
    Banned OnlineRender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glasgow , Scotland , UK
    Posts
    6,383
    I just wanna see better box art and t-shirts



    #threads
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Shirts-n-Stuff

  8. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    I just wanna see better box art and t-shirts



    #threads
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Shirts-n-Stuff
    I would buy one of each of these as soon as they came out.

  9. #39
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,430
    for those not on FB, someone just posted

    "Recently got chances to talk to VizRt who bought over newtek. Is lightwave got any update this year 2020?... from what his facial expressions, ...no surprise...I hope it not truth... Anyway I believe acquisition need time to go over...ok. Back to work."

    maybe nothing in it as its just his opinion nothing concrete.

    - - - Updated - - -

    for those not on FB, someone just posted

    "Recently got chances to talk to VizRt who bought over newtek. Is lightwave got any update this year 2020?... from what his facial expressions, ...no surprise...I hope it not truth... Anyway I believe acquisition need time to go over...ok. Back to work."

    maybe nothing in it as its just his opinion nothing concrete.
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  10. #40
    Super Member JohnMarchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Murcia, Spain
    Posts
    3,280
    I think its just speculation at best. Who is to say that there will be an update in 2020, everyone assumes so because there was one in Jan 2018 and Jan 2019, this does not mean there will be an update in 2020. Beta testers are always there and testing, it does not mean there will be one. Now that vizRT has NT and LW who is to say what will happen, or indeed when it will be released and at what price. As i already replied to the thread saying i dont really care. If getting some decent modeler updates and bug fixes as well i can wait until next year.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

    LightWave 2020

    Very nice Laptop

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    830
    People also hope/assume a new version is forthcoming because people have bugs labeled as fixed yet there hasn’t been a bug fix update for a while. Bug fix or new version is how this all started.

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    for those not on FB, someone just posted

    "Recently got chances to talk to VizRt who bought over newtek. Is lightwave got any update this year 2020?... from what his facial expressions, ...no surprise...I hope it not truth...
    Facial expression = what the #[email protected]& is Lightwave?
    Tim Parsons

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    If getting some decent modeler updates and bug fixes as well i can wait until next year.
    In a recent LW users group meeting one of the devs all but stated that the several years of between paid upgrades is over. It's completely unsustainable. Expect yearly paid upgrades, a half dozen service packs and a point upgrade with a few enhancements. Basically what we saw with LW2019. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Tim Parsons

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    259
    That is certainly what I expected. But now I'm not so sure what Vizrt/Newtek is up to. The pending NDI for Unreal plugin ( a real no brainer cool thing) was seemingly postponed indefinitely after it appeared ready to roll around the acquisition. I'm sure cool things are coming but they are losing momentum. It is a good sign that they have new management with Lightwave 3D group.

  15. #45
    Not so newbie member lardbros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    In a recent LW users group meeting one of the devs all but stated that the several years of between paid upgrades is over. It's completely unsustainable. Expect yearly paid upgrades, a half dozen service packs and a point upgrade with a few enhancements. Basically what we saw with LW2019. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Yeah, it is more sustainable... better for the devs and better for the users and better for the holding company of LW.

    I do wish they'd start a marketing thing though, it reminds me of the early 2000s where the marketing went dead for a few years... and it never really regained its momentum since then.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

    Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •