Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Yes correct Layout.

It's all I care for, don't even remember what Modeler looks like
    yes, in modeler it´s nice and dandy, if you override your aa settings I think in nvidia panels, not sure if it works without that.
    thought that should affect the layout as well, can not remember how it was before, but for me..the modeling AA is way more important than the layout AA in wireframe.
    Checking, yup, the same AA jagginess in layout 2015, so I have probably not reacted to it that much before, grid aliasing you can set individually in the preferences, and 2019 implemented aliasing for the rubberband nodes as well.

In blender you control that also in the preferences.

I am adapting my wirecolor in blender to be the same as in Lightwave, cause I prefer that color scheme, rather than blenders default black wire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa wireframes compare.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	276.4 KB 
ID:	146619

Even with full grid anti aliasing in Layout it looks horrible. I don't want to change the NVidia settings because all other 3D applications I use have a smooth viewport, grid, object wireframes etc. Maybe I could set it to application specific anti aliasing in the NVidia properties, haven't tried that. Yes, the Node Editor looks better in 2019.

just need devs to, y’know.. dev

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Yes. I think if someone does take the time and energy to defend Lightwave then it might be better to keep their cool and not get personal. I strongly disagree with Steve's behavior regarding LW Group and Newtek but it does not mean I dislike the guy. Far from it. It also does not mean I disagree with everything he says.

I understand why Kelly is so frustrated and appreciate his passion but...woah...going to battle in a Blender forum : https://youtu.be/GJoM7V54T-c?list=RDGJoM7V54T-c&t=36
    Yeah, brave or stupid. Plus, he's been banned from here hasn't he?
    It just makes us Lightwaver's all look stupid to be honest. Blender is far further ahead in development than LightWave and it is getting a lot of love from everywhere, and understandably so. But don't go over to a Blender forum and start ranting about LightWave, they have every right to laugh in the face of any LW users
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

2020 specs should be interesting. The stuff about rendering seems to suggest LW Group is still committed to the native renderer.

Arnold is only now getting usable in Max and LW 2019 is still superior in terms of VPR and usability. Latest Arnold is awesome because it is a hybrid. GPU previews and CPU farm.

If Lightwave can offer that with free network rendering and modernize Modeler then it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Yeah, brave or stupid. Plus, he's been banned from here hasn't he?
    Kat? No.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I am also very curious what the devs have cooked up over the last year. We really have no idea, and those that may know stuff aren’t spilling the beans.

LOL @ the quote from the Blender thread that LW was dead in 2000.

https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2020/01...available-now/

LightWave 3DŽ 2019.1.5 is available now in the Registration system as a free update for registered LightWave™ 2019 users.
    This update introduces fixes for the revamped layer panel work-flow in Modeler. We are releasing this to existing customers as we put final preparations into the release of LightWave 2020.

and see, Kats comments make sense now!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by mastoy View Post
    as we put final preparations into the release of lightwave 2020.
    huzzah!

Just installed it and don't see anything different with the panels. Maybe it's under the hood. Oddly it didn't create a Start menu shortcut.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Just installed it and don't see anything different with the panels. Maybe it's under the hood. Oddly it didn't create a Start menu shortcut.
    It's stated in change-log what is FIXED.

There was (still is in 2019.1.4) one very annoying bug which was crashing modeler instantly when clicked on specific are of layers browser.
    Also swapping Fg and BG layers with shortcut didn't sync in layers browser - now it does, both of those are fixed.

read the log here:
    http://static.lightwave3d.com/downlo...g_20200115.txt

Thanks DEVs, this makes 2019.x modeler more stable now .
    Last edited by Lewis; 01-15-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

LightWave 3DŽ 2019.1.5 is available now in the Registration system as a free update for registered LightWave™ 2019 users.

This update introduces fixes for the revamped layer panel work-flow in Modeler. We are releasing this to existing customers as we put final preparations into the release of LightWave 2020.
    Dual Xeon E5-2697 V2 3.5 GHZ // RTX 2080Ti // 64 gig DDR 3 // 48 cores // Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mastoy View Post
    https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2020/01...available-now/

Gooooo Lightwave! Looking forward to whatever 2020 brings!

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast