Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

I like Lightwave InfinitriD
    Dell XPS 8930 8-Core i9 9900K - 64GB DDR4 - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Windows 10
    MSI Prestige PS63 4-Core i7 8565U - 16GB DDR4 - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q - Windows 10

Lightwave: to Affinity and Beyond
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Lightwave: to Affinity and Beyond
    We do have a dedicated thread for the slogans of Lightwave .

it jumped borders

 
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Inspire 3D ?

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Inspire 3D ?

60% of the time it works every time...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Simple Krita Gmic filter not good enough?..filter/deformations distort lens, pull down amplitude, correct with aspec ratio if needed and zoom.
    Not me or anyone I know on the photo...Luckily.
    I've never heard of this. How does it work? Do you know if it supports batch processing?

I can dig deeper into it. Would this be a good PS replacement altogether?
    Last edited by sadkkf; 02-24-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by Carm3D View Post
    No, no.. You misread. The wait for LW 2020 will feel like infinity.
    I'm just betting having new overlords means rebranding, which could mean UI tweaks and other updates as well as any feature changes.

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    I've never heard of this. How does it work? Do you know if it supports batch processing?

Krita is outstanding digital paint software which bests Photoshop in this particular regard. It is not aimed at general image processing, but it does an adequate job.

G'Mic is an image processing plugin / command line tool that works in Gimp, PhotoLine (via Paint.net plugin), Paint.net, and KRita. It includes more than 500 filters and effects.

https://gmic.eu/
    The command line version supports batch processing, similar to ImageMagick. Use Krita to experiment with the settings visually, and then use the command line version to batch process a folder of images.
    https://gmic.eu/tutorial/basics.shtml
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post

The Gmic filters has some very nice and handy stuff..some can be a bit slow though.
    As for photoshop replacement, probably not all together..and partly because of text tools and effect layers not as flexible as photoshops I would say.
    for cut out retouch, it can do a good job, I used it for a small company when I first took some simple product shots, then used kritas bezier tool in a vector layer to draw the outline around the product, then activate edit shape tool and make sure to learn the tool options in there for editing the shapes with symmetry points, smooth point, corner point, insert point, remove points make curve point and many more, can be a bit tricky at first ..but after a while I got the hang of it since I used it a lot to do cut outs.

In fact I thought it was better than photoshop CS3 tools (but that was an oldie) but I havenīt really worked with later versions than that in photoshop.
    Krita can be a bit slow on larger pictures though, where I believe photoshop would be faster.
    As for painting artwork..Krita over photoshop as Rayek also pointed out.

You can also export out these traced paths as svg and import to blender, if you go to layer import export.
    You could probably import that as well to lightwave with od vector import, so trace an image and convert to shape or manually trace something can be done and export to blender or lightwave if needed.

As for batch processing, some things can be done, but not sure how much and what kind of batch processing, if you mean the Gmic filter distort lens?

Symmetry painting is great, in fact..at the time of photoshop cs3, I do not think photoshop had symmetry painting..surely it must have now?

as for how it works, you just need to go to filter/start Gmic, the filter will popup as a window UI, from where you will see the image in a preview window, and you can check and uncheck the preview.

Thank you both. Not sure I want to install and learn something else at this point. I just use CS6 for that one thing so it doesn't seem worth changing now.

Ironically, I learned today I can use Adobe's CC at home for free with my work's license. Still not interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you both. Not sure I want to install and learn something else at this point. I just use CS6 for that one thing so it doesn't seem worth changing now.

Ironically, I learned today I can use Adobe's CC at home for free with my work's license. Still not interested.

PhotoShop is great, unfortunately there isn't much of a benefit using the newest PhotoShop compared to CS2-CS3-CS4-CS5-CS6...

keep your CS6, and add something else to the table, another App, be it Krita/PhotoLine/Gimp/Affinity

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    PhotoShop is great, unfortunately there isn't much of a benefit using the newest PhotoShop compared to CS2-CS3-CS4-CS5-CS6...
    I seem to remember one guy saying he carried the old Photoshop 5.5 around on a memory stick. Off hand, do you know if the CS series offered something "earth shattering" that would be needed beyond that (as such a portable PS does seem useful) ?

Bumping back on krita, fusion and some animation options when exporting to gif or movs for instance.
    There are of course converters for making gifs, but..

Adobeīs premier or after effects, has the option to save out directly to gifs..this is something neither black magic designs Fusion or Davinci resolve can do, seems they just donīt bother and reference to ..use a seperate converter, so that is something I donīt like ..so much easier in after effects/ or premiere (canīt recall) to just select the clip and render out directly to gif, done, no mess of looking for other software and also opening two different app and process it all the time.

Anyway..if you opt for open source or free software.
    In fusion you can for instance save out a movie file to png or tff sequence, but you need to remember to add the (00) in the file extension, so that would be...Lightwave_animation.00.png
    And you will have your png sequences to open in a converter if you want to make gifs.

You Could use gimp..but I often get error messages in there, and I am not fond of itīs UI, so a look at krita instead....
    Create a new image with the same size as your png sequences, set workspace to animation, go to file and import animation frames.
    Now..to export to gif, you click on file, render animation, where you can use gif and check image sequences or both, but you also need to install a converter codec called ffmpg, it can be found here..
    https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

Unfortunately windows defender sees it as a potentional thread, so you may want to override that to continue anyway.

once unpacked to c: drive, you go to the render animations settings and locate it in the tab for video options, and select and apply that.

Unfortunately I get error messages trying to render out sequence images only, I have to check that on the krita forums, but ..I did check use both animation sequence and video, that worked to save out the animated gif, though the mov file donīt work..so a bit of a hazzle currently with that.

Using Gimp, you need to import to layers, checking the animation can be done under filter/animation/play..and you can also optimize it in that menu as well.

CS3 does everything i need
    CS4 has Content-Aware Scaling, wish i had that
    CS5 has Puppet warp tool, neat.
    CS6 has a Dark interface, good for dark images and looks more "Pro"

but really, i'm ok with CS3.

CS6 can be bought here >
    https://imverta.com

(they buy used software, then transfer and resell)

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast