Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

[QUOTE= We are releasing this to existing customers as we put final preparations into the release of LightWave 2020.[/QUOTE]

That's great news!! Thank you.

I never expected another bug fix release for 2019 but it's great we got one before 2020 comes out. Looking forward to seeing what's new in LW 2020!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

i vote for 2020 native octane support - that would be nice

Hey! They did it! The latest 2019 update is available. They said they're finishing up 2020. I'm going back to bed now. Carry on.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Thanks LW Devs! This is a good thing, making sure 2019 customers are taken care of before moving forward. Announcing 2020 exists, is a step in the right direction too.

If plans change, and 2020 is delayed until 2021 or something like that, don't freak out and hide in a cave, just keep COMMUNICATING, and customers will roll with it. It's not actually that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    i vote for 2020 native octane support - that would be nice
    Nice?! Just 'nice'?! I'd wet myself if that happened
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

And what exactly would be "native octane support" ????

I don't get it. Octane works just fine in LW, i don't see how "native" it can be since it's owned by different company which has plugin for 20+ different DCC apps now so i don't think NT can/would buy OTOY so we could call it "native" ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

agree, (i'm back by the way) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN9XIQdP5j8

maybe someone had a hiccup and actually meant Cycles...

 
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Mastoy View Post
    https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2020/01...available-now/

LightWave 3D® 2019.1.5 is available now in the Registration system as a free update for registered LightWave™ 2019 users.
    This update introduces fixes for the revamped layer panel work-flow in Modeler. We are releasing this to existing customers as we put final preparations into the release of LightWave 2020.
    My thanks to TPTB for a response! Might be worth putting a pointer to the blog article in "Lightwave Announcements" as well, if not there already.

I wish they'd fixed a few more "known serious/crashers" in 2019.1.5, and it seems like a few "marked fixed but unreleased" are missing (or not mentioned, anyway). Still, the bulk of their efforts will be in LW2020, so I'm willing to wait and see if the fixes are there... for a few more weeks, anyway.
    Last edited by jwiede; 01-15-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    And what exactly would be "native octane support" ????

I don't get it. Octane works just fine in LW, i don't see how "native" it can be since it's owned by different company which has plugin for 20+ different DCC apps now so i don't think NT can/would buy OTOY so we could call it "native" ?
    I agree, I don't understand how native Octane would be any different than the way Octane works currently with Lightwave. Octane seems to be fairly well integrated with Lightwave already.

could be they meant the plugin support, not Octane itself.

either way, I'm pressing the "Please add Cycles" button.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Good news to hear, I wonder though ...I may not need to do the fix update (I had some crasches with layers and displacement, maybe some of that was solved) but I am also not in a hurry with it..and knowing that
    2020 may also be around the corner, I may just wait til that release, depends on what I have time to do.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Good news to hear, I wonder though ...I may not need to do the fix update (I had some crasches with layers and displacement, maybe some of that was solved) but I am also not in a hurry with it..and knowing that
    2020 may also be around the corner, I may just wait til that release, depends on what I have time to do.
    I often had crashes when using layers as well but I could never reliably reproduce the steps for the crash so I never reported it. Hopefully whatever caused the instability when using layers has been fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I often had crashes when using layers as well but I could never reliably reproduce the steps for the crash so I never reported it. Hopefully whatever caused the instability when using layers has been fixed now.
    Same here, I was about to take some time to test it, but not sure...as I said before, it could also be related to dponts textures which could have a little habit of being unstable in some cases (forgive me for complaining about that, not sure it is the issues here though) and I love Denis P and what he does..so I do not want to discredit him in anyway, he´s an enourmous resource for us LW users I think, I promote his textures any day of the week.

It could also be that I had to much stuff going on in the background and using very high subdivisions and tweaking, some memory issues perhaps.

I am so happy that the 2020 was announced and thank you Dev team for the update. I am pleased to see you are there and working hard.
    The LW Beast From the East

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast