Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    well, one of kats comments did make me think, does he know something we don't,
    Whadhesay, whadhesay...

He said a million things in a wall of text. Half of which sounded like crazy conspiracy theory and half which sounded real. Click the link and try to parse for tidbits of useful information if you dare.

yea did make my eyes go funny, black backgrounds and light text are not good for vision,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    He said a million things in a wall of text. Half of which sounded like crazy conspiracy theory and half which sounded real. Click the link and try to parse for tidbits of useful information if you dare.
    Here was one thing he said in his post.

"They try and save face by snapping up any of the members they are in immediate influence or camps with in our own community and thus breaking us all up further… the best community in 3D… which is recognized all over and not just made up, weakening the product because they can’t seem to kill it through other means.

How predictable?

ALWAYS ON THE EVE OF A NEW RELEASE…they do so with bitterness and intent to do more damage."

But, eve of a new release in this case could mean the end of the month, next month, etc. and not necessarily tomorrow. It could just be referring to LW3DG's recent commitment to annual releases.

Id say a couple of the BA users had some quite wild conspiracies and factual inaccuracies of their own though, nice to see toxicity reaches every corner of the internet though, no grass is greener in forum/social land (quite the opposite id say with less moderation!)
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    Here was one thing he said in his post.

"They try and save face by snapping up any of the members they are in immediate influence or camps with in our own community and thus breaking us all up further… the best community in 3D… which is recognized all over and not just made up, weakening the product because they can’t seem to kill it through other means.

How predictable?

ALWAYS ON THE EVE OF A NEW RELEASE…they do so with bitterness and intent to do more damage."

But, eve of a new release in this case could mean the end of the month, next month, etc. and not necessarily tomorrow. It could just be referring to LW3DG's recent commitment to annual releases.
    ahh, but you see, if you think about what he has just set up over at liberty, it stands he could be in a position to know something we don't, and accidently let slip? but probably like you say, time of year is usual for a release so 1 add 1 assumptions, id say something might be on the way as I noticed a few bugs in my list say reopened and not fixed, but also not closed, maybe not imminent, but close enough for them not to release a minor bug fix, perhaps we will get a .5? (versions usually tend to get to get too and stick around 5)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    If for no other reason, Vizrt should pour millions into LW just to stop Mr White saying "I told you so..."
    pointless motivation if we slip back to reality though.

They should pour millions in to it when and if they see potential in it for good sales, and potential in developing it, if not..it´s likely they doesn´t.
    Status Q they need to find out, If not currently up to those standards, there is an option to look in to if that Status Q also can be changed if they change their product.

Human nature, I had a hard time swallowing it as well, but just look yourself in the mirror when you get p...ssed or frustrated, upset, One may be bound to ramble things to get it out of the system.
    While I couldn´t follow it a good way, I can understand why he wrote as he did.
    if he had 10% of the spock mentality...the comment would have looked different for sure, but we know Kat

I tell you what is strange, I am a bit of newbie to 3d modelling but also do photography as a Canon shooter. One thing that seems to be the in thing in all disciplines is the fact that people keep making posts on forums or youtube videos declaring that product "x" is dead and so is brand "x". Reading between the lines 99% of it is individuals look for attention and that it is the "in" thing to quickly declare something is "dead" or company x is "dead", christ you had it on youtube with many people delcaring that the new Star Wars film was a total failure BEFORE the film was even bloody released.

Personally I think that Lightwave is not dead and alive and kicking. I also think that photography brand Canon isn't dead or dying, and as far as I am aware the latest Star Wars film is generally alright. It is a bit strange as a fair few years ago people on youtube and forums were not in this product "X" is dead or film "X" is dead, bit it all seems to be the rage and the thing to do these days.

I wouldn't take the majority of reviews that says a product is dead very seriously at the moment no matter what the product or brand or film is. It is getting a lot harder to get an honest review of something on the internet without having any ******** attention seeking comments added to it. The are a few reliable sources of information on the internet but sadly they are in a minority, the rest seem to be attention seeking and using any methods they can to get attention.

Lightwave is ALIVE!

this is why we can't have nice things ...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Human nature, I had a hard time swallowing it as well, but just look yourself in the mirror when you get p...ssed or frustrated, upset, One may be bound to ramble things to get it out of the system.
    While I couldn´t follow it a good way, I can understand why he wrote as he did.
    if he had 10% of the spock mentality...the comment would have looked different for sure, but we know Kat
    He actually had a legitimate point, and then it got... interesting. Whatever, better that it happens over there than on this forum.

That thread is a bad look all around.

Talk means nothing at this point. LW Group delivers or they don't.

He actually had a legitimate point, and then it got... interesting. Whatever, better that it happens over there than on this forum.
    Absolutely, I think he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    That thread is a bad look all around.

Talk means nothing at this point. LW Group delivers or they don't.
    Agreed..though

It may have some impact on rumours, and rumours may have a little impact on the perception on a product, and that could have..you know.
    but all in all, what the LW group delivers next, Is more important, and it will make things clearer to what is going on, and what status it will have.
    It´s not like we are back in that void when we knew almost nothing.

Think I´ll try to stay out of that conversation over there, even though I made some comments, it´s a time sucker and my energy could be spent on walking and take some fresh air, cleaning or doing some more interesting 3D stuff, or something else creatively than engaging in defending your own or others perspective of what they think is going on.

Particularly considering that, at least based on what you tend to post here, you seem to hold nuanced opinions about things, and that cursed thread over there is no place for nuance.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast