Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Former users are allowed to think whatever they want but that does not necessarily reflect reality. For all we know VizRT may decide to invest in Lightwave to make it more competitive again. No one really knows the future of any software.
    That is a may as, may not or may do.

No one here posting on the forums seem to have a direct insight of what the plans are, or stating they in fac are communicating with the Lightwave group with the matter of how the plans are for lightwave...in such case they should have mentioned it, that they know whatīs in store.
    And neithe Steve White, nor Kelly seem to sit with such information either...if they do, they can of course just jump in and correct me on that...otherwise we can put it in the box of speculations, and add it you our one speculations of the situation.

I made a comment on that regards on that blender forum as well, my alias over there is (M65)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Well Jasha has said he is still working on TFD 2 and still for LW, we will see what happens there.

Blender of course has a faster pace, bigger team of coders and not just in house, and now a lot more money to invest. LW and dare i say it C4D, Modo and the likes will find it hard to compete on that front. However as you point out its not just about features, its the implementation of them and how well they work with other parts of the program.

Blender is free of course so whats not to like. There is a thriving free and paid plugin community as well.

Of course there are other 3d programs that have fluids and TFD type stuff built in but still have 3rd party apps being developed for them, as i said its not just what it is but how well its implemented and how well it works with everything else.

The problem i hear for many of the big FX houses with Blender is integrating into their pipeline. They have a lot of time, training and money invested in what they have, the also have an army of coders creating things to cover shortfalls

Most of these big houses don't really care about the cost so much as the customer is always paying for it anyway. Its the one man bands or small indie studios that will drive Blender forward and ive no doubt this will trickle up to the big houses eventually.

I agree with you a lot.

As for TFD2, yes..I asked him and he said he is working on it, the issue may be that his been taking a long long time to update it significantly, and I still miss a lot in lightwave VS what I can get with the blender fluids, and in relation to what you get if you
    purchase the cinema4D version.

And another very difficult task to overcome, that is the whole bullet engine not working in sync with TFD, that is same wind forces in bullet working on fluids, particles, and the bullet bodies, that is kind of a 3 different engines for Lightwave today, where blender only has one, that rules them all.

Edited..I must add, I recall during testing of TFD, I got a lot of crashes, some bugs in rendering, and I also wanted to know what was possible in a near future, I wrote maybe 4-5 post on the jawset forums some years ago, I didnīt get any single answer for any of them...which of course affected my trust in a credible future for a fluid tool advancing in a good pace, and in a good direction..thus I never bought in to it.

I wonder when you say many FX houses has problems with blenders intergration to their pipeline, is that something related to the fact they already have Lightwave in their pipeline intergrated well with artists as well?
    or is it other software they prefer?..I mean is there something in blenders interchange formats, fbx? or simply learning blender, if they need artist that already knows maya, max and houdini, and have them learn blender, since there may not be blender artists enough that also handles maya, max and houdini.

So many things for me that comes down to trust, and I simply will not invest in it without some form of indication to what kind of direction it takes, that was valid for my decision on not investing in TFD, and that will be my guideline when it comes to the next Lightwave version, either it has to proove itself when the Demo comes, or newtek has to make statements again about the direction of the developmen(especially layout modeling) and maybe also what resources they put in to it..like a staff not shrinking.

It is the same old story

Q; Is it out due Jan2020 ?
    NT; [Silence]
    ...5 months later...
    Q; Will we see it by Siggraph ?
    NT; [Silence]

Nothing has changed in these 20 years, no reason it should start now.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

their silence does more to destroy the brand than anything else.

Agree, but you can't fight a Polar bear naked.

it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    their silence does more to destroy the brand than anything else.
    yes, the silence isnīt good, especially when people are noticing staff leaving(for various reasons) , and also getting a new owner, you need to adress that, new management is one thing..a short statement of the visions is better than none, but the more troublesome factor may be what is invested in the development team.

It reminds me of when I worked at a place where we knew something was going on in the company..rumours of permission of people, the CEO, and production leaders went in to role playing, they
    used to come and go with bitter faces in to the production area, and we as workers could only speculate..and the production was suffering from that uncertainty.

In the end 16 workers had to be permitted, I managed to keep that job, since I was employed before everone else there..that is the Swedish employment order law sort of.
    Didnīt help some years later..when yet another 16 workers had to go, and then I was the last one permitted.

With such major change in Ownership, and recent loss of presidents, rob, lightwave team member Lino, oliver...it kind of makes it strange if they do not take it up somewhere for some statements, but it could be around the corner..who knows.

...it kind of makes it strange if they do not take it up somewhere for some statements, but it could be around the corner..who knows.
    but NT has always been horrible at LightWave marketing, for 20 years.

It will not change (!)

I don't disagree with people here, but i'll unsubscribe to this thread soon enough, because, nothing new will come out of this discussion.

Last edited by erikals; 01-12-2020 at 07:40 PM.

lw 2019 isn’t even a year old and had no prerelease announcement. Why anyone thinks the next version will be any handled any differently is beyond me. I am sure there will be a modest marketing push and a flourish of official forum activity when the next version drops which will probably be soon.

Rule of Life number 1,
    Learn not expect great things, and be happy when it suddenly happens.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

but NT has always been horrible at LightWave marketing, for 20 years.

It will not change (!)

But..Itīs not about direct marketing according to something that always has been,itīs about the complete change of ownership that we never have seen before for Newtek/Lightwave, thatīs why I said they should put some effort in describing that better, for all the time newtek has been on itīs own and marketing that is one thing, this is a recent change never seen before, which could mean a completely different change, or same ol shoes despite that.

As for change, you simply do not know anything about that. except relying on pure expectations on what always has been.

Something to consider:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49213152_2365238887040669_1206195969708785664_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	146602

As for change, you simply do not know anything about that.
    except relying on pure expectations on what always has been.
    true, plus the 9 months they have been in charge.

who knows.

don't get me wrong, looking forward to LW2020 / LW2021

but I (and maybe most that replied here) have already discussed this beyond the horizon, so time to unsubscribe from this thread.  

[there, unsubscribed]
    Last edited by erikals; 01-12-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Something to consider:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49213152_2365238887040669_1206195969708785664_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	146602
    Iīm sure this works great when a Hitler figure comes along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

true, plus the 9 months they have been in charge.

who knows.

don't get me wrong, looking forward to LW2020 / LW2021

but I (and maybe most that replied here) have already discussed this beyond the horizon, so time to unsubscribe from this thread.  

[there, unsubscribed]
    Yeah..maybe me to to avoid a full mailbox of something that we can not control that much over in the end, it doesnīt matter for you since hopefully you will not get this message anyway

And now we are playing...
    "Sound of Silence"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    however vizRT have appointed two people to the top of LW
    Hardly anything meaningful - those guys on that page are just the head of Vizrt. So yes I suppose technically they are the head of LW, although they probably don't even know what it is.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Iīm sure this works great when a Hitler figure comes along.
    Some common sense and context was assumed.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast