Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

I'm the biggest speculator of them all, and I say > Don't!

No one ever got that right, at least as far as i know.

 
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    I'm the biggest speculator of them all, and I say > Don't!

No one ever got that right, at least as far as i know.

 
    Never give up! Never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Affinity is able to load the PDF part of an Illustrator file, but is unable to load older Illustrator files.

I have a license of Affinity Photo and Publisher. Photo I sometimes use for HDR or focus stacking, but that's pretty much it: the current version has SO many irritating quirks, GUI goof-ups, missing basic workflow options, and just missing fundamental features, that I can't work with it.

I use PhotoLine instead for my image editing, and Krita/ClipStudio for digital painting.

PhotoLine, incidentally, will also load Illustrator files (as long as it includes the PDF data). And it loads smart objects in PSD files (even embedded Illustrator files, which can even be edited directly!).
    I've found a few quirks, but for the most part it's been great.

Make sure you report the quirks you find, they're quite eager to fix them up for the next release... which they've done a few times for the issues I've reported!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I noticed not long ago, usually I or most people may do fracturing in modeler, but I was looking for the fast fracture in layout, itīs not there..and when lookin for fracture in the edit menu and adding it, then running it...it doesnīt work...did they mess that up?

Lightwave 2019.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Not sure if you've tried the Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo, but I moved to those at home purely because I got fed up with subscriptions and Adobe giving me no reason to upgrade.

I was pleasantly surprised when I did a freelance job recently and they handed me Adobe Illustrator files as their initial 2D designs. I cautiously opened up Affinity Designer and didn't expect it to open the native .AI files, but it did... along with all layers and everything in-tact

I'd highly recommend the Affinity tools, only Ģ45-ish each and that's it. Nicely designed and they just feel more modern than the Adobe ones.
    I've been using Affinity Designer for paid work for a few months now, after trying it on and off over the last year. So far so good, it's beautifully slick - its snapping tools are fantastic, and I love the intelligent highlight hints. You want to snap to something in particular but it's crowded out by others? Just zoom in and it seems to pick up the one you want. But then I never really liked Illustrator - was always a Freehand kind of person til they killed it off and in all those years since Illustrator always felt clunky.

I only use Affinity Publisher to throw together a local rag, but again, it's proven adept and stable.

Affinity Photo is the only one I really haven't jumped into - but it's a matter of time. Just have to break away from the Adobe rut is all.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

I haven't upgraded my CS6 and it's been fine. Been using On1's tools for a while, and though they're mostly nice, I've noticed them getting slower and buggier so I've stopped upgrading.

One tool PS has that I can't find anywhere else is the Adaptive Wide Angle filter. It was the only tool I could find that really straightened out my GoPro fisheye photos. Lens correction filters were never adequate in any tool I tried.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

I like Affinity. Elegant, lovingly coded software. If I did not need to maintain client compatibility I would switch yesterday.

I don't dislike Adobe. Like Photoshop. Genuinely love Illustrator. Do not like paying subs until death do us part.

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    I haven't upgraded my CS6 and it's been fine. Been using On1's tools for a while, and though they're mostly nice, I've noticed them getting slower and buggier so I've stopped upgrading.

One tool PS has that I can't find anywhere else is the Adaptive Wide Angle filter. It was the only tool I could find that really straightened out my GoPro fisheye photos. Lens correction filters were never adequate in any tool I tried.
    Simple Krita Gmic filter not good enough?..filter/deformations distort lens, pull down amplitude, correct with aspec ratio if needed and zoom.
    Not me or anyone I know on the photo...Luckily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krita_GMic filter.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	146905

This thread has officially strayed.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Carm3D View Post
    This thread has officially strayed.
    You can probably put a badge on most threads on the forum with "strayed"

Then again you would be participating in the stray dance.

Hi,

I just read the last few posts in this thread about LW 2020... so LightWave will be part of the Affinity suite now?
    Greetings, Shloime
    ----------------------------
    Win10 64, Ryzen 5 1600x, GTX 980 ti, 64 GB, LW 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Shloime View Post
    Hi,

I just read the last few posts in this thread about LW 2020... so LightWave will be part of the Affinity suite now?
    No, no.. You misread. The wait for LW 2020 will feel like infinity.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

Since this thread was started newtek released a minor update which made the original topic moot. Now it’s just a place to talk about how old you are and what you think about adobe products and their alternatives.

passing the time I guess, til retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Carm3D View Post
    No, no.. You misread. The wait for LW 2020 will feel like infinity.
    new name perhaps...

         LightWave Infinity
    Last edited by erikals; 02-21-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast