Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Newtek, please announce LW2020 or provide another fix update for LW2019!

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    only high quality a.i. can fix such things, alternatively, a depth mask.
    none of those techs are available at the moment.

Lytro Cinema Camera @ $100000 is getting there tho' for making depth masks on the fly.
    I really didn't want to join this neo Cat's Thread (which actually stays on topic), but interested in this tech.

I'm curious if the systems been used on anything yet other than the FX related samples shown? That vid was ~ 4-5 years old?
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

I just discovered today that the latest version of Lunacy (Sketch alternative for Windows that is Sketch compatible) now has a beta AI-based background removal. It works rather well for a 1-click option.

Lunacy is free, btw. https://icons8.com/lunacy
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

To be honest I am quite happy to wait a fair while longer if it means that when they do release Lightwave 2020 that it will be less buggy. Do you think that if Lightwave 2020 does come out that they will allow people with 2018 and 2019 versions to get it cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBeckwith View Post
    To be honest I am quite happy to wait a fair while longer if it means that when they do release Lightwave 2020 that it will be less buggy. Do you think that if Lightwave 2020 does come out that they will allow people with 2018 and 2019 versions to get it cheaper?
    nah

It's ok that they are not rushing out a release, however the 'final preparations' seem to take a bit long.

The longer it takes for release the higher the expectation is going to be.

It just gets harder to justify the purchase or update to LW2020 for many users as other commercial and free applications are much ahead in most areas and constantly continue to improve.

I don't mind waiting as there are so many other apps and plugins to learn and use in the mean time. Layout 2019 with fast hardware is ok to use. If LW2020 is not a huge disappointment but has some nice improvements then I will upgrade.
    Last edited by Marander; Today at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    The longer it takes for release the higher the expectation is going to be. It just gets harder to justify the update to LW2020.

I don't mind waiting as there are so many other apps and plugins to learn and use in the mean time. If LW2020 is not a huge disappointment but has some nice improvements then I will upgrade.
    Almost the same here, depends on what they have improved on and if it matches what I like to work with, as much as exciting it could be to see where itīs heading, just because we know Nada about what they are working on..itīs mainly that, but otherwise I could probably deal with a little longer wait, but that also means they need to communicate that the release would take a little longer, and not release now in the end of March as often has been done.

Vizrt..or the Lightwave team would probably need to ask them self, are they content with what they have done so far? and are they excitited to release it?
    And if that would be enough for the next " Major release".

I would think they should keep working on some bugfixing still for the 2019 a bit in to the 2020 release though, not everyone is going to upgrade just to have bugfixes, if they are not content with the features etc.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637