Thread: Cannot work on object after it is saved in Modeler

Cannot work on object after it is saved in Modeler

This is a new thread created from a previous one (as I have now been able to narrow down the problem more concisely)

If I save an object in Modeler the object essentially freezes and the tools and window nav buttons will not work (however an incremental save works OK and causes no problems).
    The only way I can continue to work on the object is to close Modeler and open it again by clicking on the saved file.

Anybody have any thoughts ( I have already done numerous fresh installs etc of Lightwave, deleted configs, prefs etc and the problem still exists).

TrueArt Support
    You didn't even tell the most important thing: which version of LightWave..

Perhaps something bad happened with LWO.
    Try saving in .OBJ, .FBX, whatever.
    Quit LW. Quit Hub. Restart.
    Import file.
    It will cause lost of shaders and other LW specific features etc. but you will verify whether you can work with it again.
    If so, export shaders from .LWO to presets, and import them after importing object.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    You didn't even tell the most important thing: which version of LightWave..

Perhaps something bad happened with LWO.
    Try saving in .OBJ, .FBX, whatever.
    Quit LW. Quit Hub. Restart.
    Import file.
    It will cause lost of shaders and other LW specific features etc. but you will verify whether you can work with it again.
    If so, export shaders from .LWO to presets, and import them after importing object.
    The problem is the same with any version of LW. Am presently using 2019.1.4 but same problem with 2018.

The issue is that I CAN work with any object file I have saved. I just can't save an object in Modeler without freezing the object.
    I then have to close modeler and re-open it by clicking on the saved object file. When Modeler opens I can then work on the file
    and save it but I must save it as an increment.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!
    In the Display settings the input device can be set to either" Mouse" or "Tablet".
    This was set to "Mouse", as you would expect because I am actually using a mouse (and do not have a tablet connected- but note that at some stage in the past I DID have a tablet connected.
    Since that time I have done a fresh install of a new OS and have done fresh installs of LW . I did not install or connect a tablet during this time. So anything to do with the tablet should have been long gone- apparently not??).

By setting the device to "Tablet" problem instantly solved. So LW seems to think I am using a Tablet. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks to all those who have offered help.