Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To be fair ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I think Lightwave combined with LWCAD is by far the best tool for modeling Arch Viz and also think it could be marketing more to that market.
    Ever tried revit? that one was/ is? over here considered as The standard tool for Archviz, they even had it on the employment agenda where people could go either free or payed courses..but that was the tool of choice for
    education towards the Archviz industri here in sweden, it carries tools for BIM information in a way I do not suppose LW cad does?

Not sure, but I reckon if you want a fantasy building, a cathedral, a castle or very ornamented guided buildings, lw Cad would be super to vizualise, while if you are working more towards the real world and itīs demands on houses. revit may be the more proper choice?

I am not saying sketchup is the tool of choice, especially not after how they seem to have massacred sketchup online, but there were things in there that was way better to deal with in terms of fast projection VS how LW cad does it, especially dimensioning tools and snapping, but I have only tried a bit older LW cad versions and I do not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Ever tried revit? that one was/ is? over here considered as The standard tool for Archviz, they even had it on the employment agenda where people could go either free or payed courses..but that was the tool of choice for
    education towards the Archviz industri here in sweden, it carries tools for BIM information in a way I do not suppose LW cad does?

Not sure, but I reckon if you want a fantasy building, a cathedral, a castle or very ornamented guided buildings, lw Cad would be super to vizualise, while if you are working more towards the real world and itīs demands on houses. revit may be the more proper choice?

I am not saying sketchup is the tool of choice, especially not after how they seem to have massacred sketchup online, but there were things in there that was way better to deal with in terms of fast projection VS how LW cad does it, especially dimensioning tools and snapping, but I have only tried a bit older LW cad versions and I do not have it.
    Revit is more for drafting and 3d modeling all in one at the same time from what I have gathered. It has a tendency to output poor models but that might be partly because few people are good at modeling in it. I wouldn't pay for extra software like Revit either.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123