Thread: Genoma IK

Newbie Member

Genoma IK

I have just Genoma rigged a 6-axis robot for fk. I want to position the robot by attaching an end of arm tool and moving it to the desired locations. This would be IK. I have been unable to find any tutorials or instructions on how to do this.

Any suggestions?

I'm using v2015.

Thanks,

Mark

Can you make a screen dump? That may help.

Newbie Member
    Forgive my naivete... "screen dump"? Is that like a screen capture? You want to see the rig? I have a null positioned at the last bone, J6. The robot is supposed to move with the null. I achieved this a long time ago with components in separate layers, and re-positioning the pivot points. But Genoma requires all components, including bones, to be on the same layer, and the IK checkbox under motions is grayed out.

Does genoma even include a rig that works with a six axis robot? Spontaneously I would think you would be better off using simple skelegons. And setting up the ik in layout. Genoma adds a lot of stuff that can complicate the situation. Once you convert your skelegons You need to pick the last bone in the chain and assign the null object you would like it to reach for as “goal” then you find the first bone in the chain and set its parent to ignore ik of descendants. Then you need to set the correct channel for each bone to follow ik.

Newbie Member
    Thanks hyper. Genoma does not include a 6 axis robot rig. I made it myself following a tutorial I found. It's my understanding that Genoma has fk/ik capabilities. I just haven't found out how to make it work. I thought about using skelegons, but I like the controllers offered by Genoma. If I can't make it work, then I'll go back to skelegons. I'm creating a simulation of an assembly system and it will require many positions over 30 minutes. The robot will be servicing 5 unique stations. It will be nice to just drag the target to each location and have the robot follow.

Some Genoma rigs have ik and fk. The controllers in genoma can be made without genoma. They are simply nulls with item shapes. Genoma1 rigs have a lot of extra bones and nulls that can make it very hard to figure out how add to add anything that isn’t already included. Genoma 2 is better in that regard, but still they are set up with standard arm/leg ik which is not how your robot will work.