Thread: Replay Highlight Edits

Andrew Carlson

Replay Highlight Edits

I have a HD-4 HDMI mini TC with AE3. Does anyone have a fast and easy way to edit chopped replay clips from athletic events in to highlight reels?

Do you export each clip as a file and then edit them together in Premiere? Any chance the clip can be brought directly from DDR/hard drive and in to your editor without exporting them?

I have weeded out clips from the DDR to just the ones I've wanted (and adjust the IN/OUT points on a few), then applied a fade transition between each one and then RE-RECORED the playout to create my highlight reel.

Anyone have a good workflow??? I'd love to hear them....

Newtek ELITE partner
    Hi, if I understood everything, if you're using the last version of ndi tools, you should be able to "ingest" in premiere the recorded files while the file stills being recorded, you could then do everything you like with premiere. Another way is to macro. Hoping I've clearly understood your needs.
    Best
    TriCaster TC-1
    TC1 LP
    NC1 I/O
    Spark HDMI / SDI
    Spark Pro
    HE130 Panasonic
    PTZ1 Newtek
    Livestream Studio Station (8i/10o)
    Xkeys
    BMD atems

The recordings on disk will be the full recording not the small clip.

I have found that doing an export with High Quality - Same as Source exports fairly quickly (i usually have 8 second highlight clips which take about 4 seconds each to export. I can then take those into premiere to edit. Inside the DDR you can add transitions between clips so depending on your edits you might be able to edit inside the tricaster and then upload directly to youtube etc.

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    The recordings on disk will be the full recording not the small clip.
    Yes, I know that the recording is the whole clip. The TC does "mark" or makes files to point to those chopped clips..I thought there MIGHT be a chance that there would be a way to bring in that information from the harddrive???

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post

I have found that doing an export with High Quality - Same as Source exports fairly quickly (i usually have 8 second highlight clips which take about 4 seconds each to export. I can then take those into premiere to edit. Inside the DDR you can add transitions between clips so depending on your edits you might be able to edit inside the tricaster and then upload directly to youtube etc.
    Yes, right now I'm removing clips that I don't want, adjusting IN/OUT points, and adding transitions to make the "edit". I then RECORD that DDR playout to make a full clip...I then push that to Youtube. It works but I might prefer to export the individual clips so students can make the edits later in Premiere.