Thread: Tricaster 410 and Windows 10?

Tricaster 410 and Windows 10?

I was wondering/hoping/dreaming of an upgrade path for all of us TriCaster AE 3 users who are seemingly stuck on Windows 7? As we all know Windows 7 is beyond end of life, and increasingly IT managers are banning Windows 7 machines from their networks.
    This will eventually leave the folks using Windows 7 "only" TriCaster units with Very Expensive "Doorstops".
    All jest aside, it seems as though the hardware wouldn't be an issue, just the Tricaster shell and its ability to interface with a different O.S.

Please, someone from NewTek tell me that Windows 10 for the TC 410 is on the way (or even there, and I just don't know of it). We are a church, and it took a lot of arm twisting to get our awesome production rig. There is little chance of us spending that kind of money again in the next several years just because its O.S. isn't current.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Bill

If being able to stream is the issue may I suggest adding an encoder like the Videon Versastreamer . . . you would take the SDI program out from your TriCaster and send it to the Versastreamer for up to three different locations or platforms.

Matt Drabick,
    DigiTek Systems

I guess this is related to IT governances principles, and that management considers TriCaster as a computer while it should actually be considered as an appliance.

Regarding W7 support and W10 compatibility on your current Tricaster you can refer to this: https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...End-of-Support .

Regarding how your management should consider the TriCaster, I usually refers my end-user to this forum post from NewTek's Chuck baker:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...=1#post1577527

Quote Originally Posted by 3dstorm/Math View Post
    I guess this is related to IT governances principles, and that management considers TriCaster as a computer while it should actually be considered as an appliance.

Regarding W7 support and W10 compatibility on your current Tricaster you can refer to this: https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...End-of-Support .

Regarding how your management should consider the TriCaster, I usually refers my end-user to this forum post from NewTek's Chuck baker:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...=1#post1577527
    I thought I read before in this forum that Windows 7 embedded was supported through 2023 with critical updates. This article says October of 2020.

Looks like MS altered the deal, pray they do not alter it any further.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

One part that I have found confusing is how this continued support is delivered. It isn't clear if its to be in the traditional form of windows update or if Microsoft provides the updates to the company who built the appliance which would be NewTek. Does that mean NewTek now has to distribute those updates to the users or will the windows update tool continue to do its thing in terms of security patches?