Thread: Paint3d library killed off already?

Paint3d library killed off already?

Was about to check some animal models on paint3D, I know they are about to kill off remix3d, but I thought that should be in January, now I can not load a model at all from the library.

Could anyone check if they can download any model, maybe I just need to reboot with windows updates? unless it actually has been shut down already?

Something is wonky with the loading of objects from paint3d indeed..I get errors of modeling canīt be loaded..try again later, though I went to remix site, also logging in with microsoft account...and click on the object I want so it loads in the webbrowser, then thereīs an option to load this object in to paint 3D, and that works..albeit very slow, but I still canīt load the object from inside of paint 3D, so I have to repeat the process from remix3D for each object, meaning closing paint3D and it will reboot once I add it from remix3D.

Get your models before january 10th.
    https://www.remix3d.com/discover?sec...611e4ab5ffaa78

Screenshot of the animal section..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-12_animals_Remix 3D.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	891.2 KB 
ID:	146414

Bumping reminder..
    After january the 10th, it will be too late to download any of their free models.

Today is the last day for downloading models on the remix site, I have gone through many animal models and insects...unfortunately there are also animals and stuff that hasnīt been placed in the proper category.
    I guess there is many more interesting types of models, though I will not be able to manage and download what I would want I guess, I started to download to late.
    weird that I can not get any download to work directly to disk, I have to open the model in Paint3D directly from the website which starts my Paint3D, then I save the models as fbx, since that works the best for both blender and Lightwave, and can also be reloaded in to paint3D without issues.

Not sure how many hours it will be active still, so hurry up.

https://www.remix3d.com/discover?sec...611e4ab5ffaa78

Has anyone downloaded them already?
    (so can let others have them from here or somewhere else)

Just an idea...
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......ŦŦ go on, click on a link!

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Has anyone downloaded them already?
    (so can let others have them from here or somewhere else)

Just an idea...
    For me...impossible to download everything, nor a complete category...what is up there is a mish mash of lousy crap models, 2d images, often toylooking models, mixed with some good models.
    I found some animal and dino models interesting which I have downloaded, I could make a list of it, most of the animals you see in the attached screenshot above..I have managed to download, I think there was two models that didnīt work..but they didnīt stop working today....that was quite some time ago, the labrador dog and the bear.
    Downloaded some insects as well, and there were many more animal models not in the animal section weirdly that I havenīt checked up.

I was aiming to check and download some more models today, but didnīt manage it..times up and it is no longer available.

I had hoped for more people here downloading the models for us to share and we could have collected more, if anyone did..I donīt know, but itīs too late now.
    Maybe some folks elsewhere have managed to download most of it?

Nice, but they seems like LowMedRes models with good textures, so skipped it.

might have done it if they were MedHighRes models.

Would be cool to have them, however i got caught up with other things.

Maybe we'll find them again some day online for download.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Nice, but they seems like LowMedRes models with good textures, so skipped it.

might have done it if they were MedHighRes models.

Would be cool to have them, however i got caught up with other things.

Maybe we'll find them again some day online for download.
    Not sure, maybe you didnīt look deep enough, or perhaps your definition of med res is not the same as mine?
    well..I found some of them decent med res, this ape was 32 0000 polys, havenīt checked them all, but a cow 29345 polys, looking decently good, most of them are triangulated, but in lw2019 I can use merge triangles, uv map and textures intact and I get a decent quadmodel directly, not all though...have to check them.
    One half of the brain..looking quite good which I will be doing some blender renders with due to itīs subsurface system and emissive lights is so much faster..that model 20652 faces.

some dinos at 32 000 faces etc.

What I could do...If I am allowed to share these models that is, I may have to check with microsoft, or remix first though, that is packing/ zipping them down to archives in proper category, animals, dinos, insects..and misc..and perhaps put it up somewhere, initally I could probably share on onedrive, then will see.

I could also take snapshot from modeler to get the texture and wireframe, or even render it..but it may take some time.

I mostly will use these models for reference studies myself, render testings etc, or some simple visual information of a shark vs a whale in size..or similar situations.
    some models are in a tpose style, but most of them are not..meaning they already have a specific pose, so for rigging that would be more job to adress if you would want that.

the Dino below first as it comes in from fbx (works nicely in blender as well) I downloaded All of them to be saved in fbx ..since that is the format working the best in Lightwave and Blender, they can also be reloaded in to paint 3D for painting or adding decals or textures if needed (sorry no mirror function) Mari could be an alternative..or just paint in 2d with photoshop or Krita.
    The dino first triangulated as they are, then merge triangle and you get decent quads, resolution then goes down from over 30 000 to 16 000, but in that case you can subpatch it for smoother looks in layout and rendering, but you often have to merge points after merge triangles, then you should be able to subpatch it.

Name:	Dilophosaurus_triangulated_31924Polys.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	146598

Name:	Dilophosaurus_quad 16579Polys.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	146599

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Not sure, maybe you didnīt look deep enough, or perhaps your definition of med res is not the same as mine?
    well..I found some of them decent med res, this ape was 32 0000 polys, havenīt checked them all, but a cow 29345 polys, looking decently good, most of them are triangulated, but in lw2019 I can use merge triangles, uv map and textures intact and I get a decent quadmodel directly, not all though...have to check them.
    One half of the brain..looking quite good which I will be doing some blender renders with due to itīs subsurface system and emissive lights is so much faster..that model 20652 faces.

some dinos at 32 000 faces etc.

What I could do...If I am allowed to share these models that is, I may have to check with microsoft, or remix first though, that is packing/ zipping them down to archives in proper category, animals, dinos, insects..and misc..and perhaps put it up somewhere, initally I could probably share on onedrive, then will see.

I could also take snapshot from modeler to get the texture and wireframe, or even render it..but it may take some time.

I mostly will use these models for reference studies myself, render testings etc, or some simple visual information of a shark vs a whale in size..or similar situations.
    some models are in a tpose style, but most of them are not..meaning they already have a specific pose, so for rigging that would be more job to adress if you would want that.

the Dino below first as it comes in from fbx (works nicely in blender as well) I downloaded All of them to be saved in fbx ..since that is the format working the best in Lightwave and Blender, they can also be reloaded in to paint 3D for painting or adding decals or textures if needed (sorry no mirror function) Mari could be an alternative..or just paint in 2d with photoshop or Krita.
    The dino first triangulated as they are, then merge triangle and you get decent quads, resolution then goes down from over 30 000 to 16 000, but in that case you can subpatch it for smoother looks in layout and rendering, but you often have to merge points after merge triangles, then you should be able to subpatch it.

Name:	Dilophosaurus_triangulated_31924Polys.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	146598

Name:	Dilophosaurus_quad 16579Polys.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	146599
    Hi Prometheus. Were you able to zip the models up and post the link?
    Would love to have a copy..
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......ŦŦ go on, click on a link!

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Hi Prometheus. Were you able to zip the models up and post the link?
    Would love to have a copy..
    Nope..havenīt had the time, and I havenīt checked if it is legal to repost it, not sure if I got space to share it on onedrive, perhaps..but then someone need to download and share elsewhere cause I would like to delete the storage to have available for other things.

But currently I got sidetracked with other things, thought there was no interest in it when the discussion was a bit hotter.

Iīll try to remember it as ..what to do.