Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animals Render

Thank's to all for your feedback, i really appreciate .
    i have a question, i am working on a lioness, i doesn't understand why i get a Strange long fiber, see attached files please, in the guide style Nothing appears, this longue fiber appear only when i increase max fiber Density to high level.
    if you have an idea to correct this issue...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharedScreenshot_LIONNESS.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	853.3 KB 
ID:	146419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharedScreenshot_LIONNESS_1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	146422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIONNESS.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	146421  

Hmm, that kind of looks like a bug, given it's right by an "inflection point" of the curve/surface formed by guide ends around the ear there -- I can kind of imagine how it might miscompute the guide interpolation right around there due to the inflection point. Definitely looks odd, and that it's happening as you approach a param maxima is also rather suspicious.

If you can reconfirm all params and guides are good, and nobody else here has any better smoking gun for cause, file a bug report with content and see what Newtek answers.
    Last edited by jwiede; 12-13-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Be careful with stray, can you turn that down to zero and see what happen, also splay, to eliminate issues a good idea may be to start turning of vaule by value, but take note of the values you have to insert later when you know what may be wrong.

OK _ problem disappear with triple polygon .
    I wanted to add muscle effects on the legs, I discovered chronosculpt on my download page, seems very interesting solution for add some détails.
    Just what a pity it doesn't have an export directly on lwo format for save transformation and keep uv!

Name:	SharedScreenshot_LIONNESS_3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	763.0 KB 
ID:	146430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIONESS_2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	146431  

About FiberFX :
    1. how to get texture map mask on Edit Guides , texture is well placed on max fiber Density canal texture, but the edit guides menu seems not to see this texture mask, could be usefull for design hair or fur style.
    2. could be practical to have an erase brush ( this one will automatically create a mask layer, for exclude some zone directly )
    3. or conversely to have a brush paint tool for add some fiber Density on particular zone ( painting directly on viewport )
    4. brush paint tool could used all styling effect ( kink, splay , stray etc...)
    5. to improved object fiber manipulation in openGL, because on my lioness example , moving object with fur stay long, difficult and non precise ( i have 2 RTX 2080 ti and 32 Go ram memory ).
    Fiber FX is very cool , it would be good to improve it further to encourage users to exploit it more easily. especially for scene creation with few animals!

Quote Originally Posted by slv View Post
    OK _ problem disappear with triple polygon .
    I wanted to add muscle effects on the legs, I discovered chronosculpt on my download page, seems very interesting solution for add some détails.
    Just what a pity it doesn't have an export directly on lwo format for save transformation and keep uv!
    They should have incorporated in to Lightwave directly, I said that when they first released it..in hindsight, we can probably see how successful chronosculpt have been , well..I did´t believe in that standalone version anyway.

You have metamorphic as well in Lightwave, if you have 2019 LW, it doesn´t come UI friendly to access though, add / select the object you want to scupt "p" for properties and under geometry tab, you add it through the add modifier list (metamorphic)

Quote Originally Posted by slv View Post
    About FiberFX :
    1. how to get texture map mask on Edit Guides , texture is well placed on max fiber Density canal texture, but the edit guides menu seems not to see this texture mask, could be usefull for design hair or fur style.
    2. could be practical to have an erase brush ( this one will automatically create a mask layer, for exclude some zone directly )
    3. or conversely to have a brush paint tool for add some fiber Density on particular zone ( painting directly on viewport )
    4. brush paint tool could used all styling effect ( kink, splay , stray etc...)
    5. to improved object fiber manipulation in openGL, because on my lioness example , moving object with fur stay long, difficult and non precise ( i have 2 RTX 2080 ti and 32 Go ram memory ).
    Fiber FX is very cool , it would be good to improve it further to encourage users to exploit it more easily. especially for scene creation with few animals!

A tip, for groomin fibers, you can also add quick fur to an object in blender, paint brush groom it (it´s better than lw guide brushing) disconnect/convert the particle hair ..save as obj, and those hair strands will be loaded in to lightwave to add fiberfx, but they are then true polychain strand hairs, not guides.

i used the same body lioness for create mane lion, impossible to render together fur body and mane head _ lw crash after this message : out of memory to create fibers
    It's start to begin complicated to setup a complete scene

Name:	SharedScreenshot_LIONNESS_5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	645.4 KB 
ID:	146432  

so for resume it's very frustating, i have 32 GO ram memory , i can't render all part of fur on the same scene , only part must be setup on only independant scene?
    i do Something wrong or it's a limitation of lw/fiberFX ?
    How can i do for creating a serious scene with few animals and fur with environnement ?

Name:	SharedScreenshot_LION_6.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	715.8 KB 
ID:	146433  

sounds like...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Hi all , thank again for your feedback , about my lion here test on individually part _ now the ball is it in Newtek court? please, have you the possibility to create an update of Lightwave for give us the means to setup few complete animals on the same scene with less usage memory.
    you develop software for professional use, give us solid tools to use it in this sense.
    We will be happy to support you with the purchase of license. Lightwave must return the best on the scene.

Name:	LION_01.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	146436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LION_02.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	146437  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12