Thread: Zoom Server NDI Return to Caller Audio Distorted – Clicks/Drops

Zoom Server NDI Return to Caller Audio Distorted – Clicks/Drops

I use NDI Scan Converter and Virtual Input with VB Cable for Zoom servers. All audio record/playback sources are set to 48 KHz (44.1 doesn’t work either). The audio returned to a Zoom caller is severely distorted with clicks or drops. This has been happening since last year.

Instant Teleseminar’s return to caller is just as severe and a Skype return has less noticeable scratching sounds that occur above 6k intermittently.

I have Zoom engineering working on the issue but am not able to help them replicate it without using a TriCaster as NDI Test Patterns returns perfectly if Zoom “Use Original Audio” is enabled and the client’s mic is muted (I always enable “Use Original Audio”, but the Zoom distortion happens either way).

Instant Teleseminar returns perfect 1 K tone from the TriCaster, but music files (.wav or 48KHz) have the noise.

Anyone else using Zoom or ITS back to a TriCaster? I’ve tried it on four different Zoom server systems with NDI 3.8, 4.0 and 4.1 and it always occurs from both a 460 AE2/3 or a TC1 (where NDI Test Patterns returns perfectly to the caller).

Attached is an audio file demonstrating the audio distortion - clicking/drops. The noise between
    0:21 – 0:23 is me handling the headset.

2019Dec-NDI Return Audio Clicks_zoom_0.zip

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by rlsafran; 12-11-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150