Thread: R.I.P -Marie Fredriksson/Roxette singer

R.I.P -Marie Fredriksson/Roxette singer

Sad news..

Yesterday morning September 9th, Marie Fredriksson..The female lead singer from Roxette, passed away from the complications of the brain tumour she had for a couple of years, she died at the age of 61.

Marie Fredriksson had enormous international success together with Per Gessle and their band Roxette, with top 1 billboard lists such as..
    Must have been love ( redesigned specificly for the movie"pretty woman")
    The Look
    Listen to your heart
    Joyride.

And many more hits ranging from top 2 spots.

Even though they managed to have more top 1 hits than Abba, I actually prefered Marie Fredriksson singing her swedish hits, like..
    "Ännu doftar Kärleken" (The scent of love is still her) And "Tro" ( Faith ) and if you havenīt heard them since they are not campaigned internationally , you should listen to them.

A little personal note, My Father ..who passed away 2018 at an age of 91, lived in the same region as Marie Fredrikssonīs Father, in fact they were neighbours, and my father recalled seeing Marie around a lot at that time and when she reached her fame, my father said..imagine that, Fredrikssons little daughter has done well...Sadly her life ended to early.

Brain tumour is a *****, my mother also got a brain tumour, though my mother got a better recovery than Marie, my mother got the tumour at age 64 I think, and lived to be 79.

Now I got to go and listen to Maries Swedish songs, but itīs gonna be sad...the first snow also have started to fallen here in stockholm, this morning.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...es-61-obituary

Yes, was damn sad to hear it...  

She was one of those artists that my 1st sister listened to quite often... she put a poster on the door, which i was "forced" to look at before falling asleep.  

I wasn't a number 1 fan or anything, but it was sad since she seemed to be down to earth, and a very nice woman.

Fun to read about the neighbors.  

Yes, snow here too.

Last edited by erikals; 12-10-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz