Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe CC compatibility with 7-1

Adobe CC compatibility with 7-1

Iíve installed NDI Tools 4.1 with the Adobe CC plug-ins (Iíve confirmed that they are installed) but I still canít play back files recorded with the latest 7-1 version of Tricaster. Have I missed something, or are the plug-in support lagging behind the latest version of TC?

If this is Windows you can verify if the plug-in is installed by going to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\' and you should find the 'NewTek_Import_SpeedHQ.prm' plug-in there. I'm using that plug-in with Premiere 2020 (v14).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes, I’ve verified that the plug-in is installed. We’re recording in 1080 25p. Have you verified that it’s working with PAL frame rates?

Just doubled checked and I was able to open 1080p25 in Premiere. Is just that format or any format that has a problem?

Is there an error message? What shows up in the media browser thumbnail?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That is very strange! Iíve tried on two workstations with both CC 2019 and CC 2020. NTSC files (1080 30p) opens without problems, but all 25p files I throw at it give me an error message in Premiere about SHQ2 not being a supported codec. See attached photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C182F78B-6E1A-4CEF-9888-9A55B854EC13.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	146379

I'd have to recommend putting in a bug report.

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Reporting-Bugs

Or you can email [email protected]. If you can share shorting recording with the submission would be best.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I’ve partly figured out why it doesn’t work. We access the recordings and edit directly from a network server. This has worked without issues before, but for some reason Premiere shows the codec error when we try to play files recorded on 7-1 in Premiere. If we copy the file to a local drive, it works perfectly. Any idea what might be causing this? Does Premiere need som special write permissions to the server and the recorded file?

Now we have a new problem:

When we try to export a project from Premiere using Adobe Media Encoder, we get a “Missing Asset” error for the TC 7-1 recording, even though the same file plays back fine in Premiere. Isn’t Media Encoder supported by the plug-in?

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Folke View Post
    Now we have a new problem:

When we try to export a project from Premiere using Adobe Media Encoder, we get a “Missing Asset” error for the TC 7-1 recording, even though the same file plays back fine in Premiere. Isn’t Media Encoder supported by the plug-in?
    Ahhh that one I did run into... There is an option in preferences of Adobe Media Encoder for Import Sequences Nativly, I toggeled that away from what the default was and I have been good to go.

Might depend on the NAS. I'm recording clips to a NewTek Remote Storage (Studio Network Solutions) and not having any issues with using them in Premiere over the network.

I think for Adobe Media Encoder, you launch it as an export from inside Premiere. I don't believe Adobe Media Encoder supports the plug-in if you run it by itself.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

We’re trying to access the files from a Windows based SMB server. We’ll have to look into if there are any access restrictions that prevents the file from opening.

Regarding Media Encoder, we’re launching it from inside Premiere, exactly as you described. Could you please verify that it’s working on your system, specifically with 1080p PAL files?

Yes, I tested all of the video formats from SD to 4K, both NTSC and PAL to build the compatibility chart I put together. All of these files are located on my Z: drive, my NRS/SNS storage system.

Name:	1080p25.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	146384
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I mean, have you tested that the files open in Media Encoder, when you launch it as an export from inside Premiere?

Here is that same file opened in Adobe Media Encoder from inside Premiere. I was able to export as H.264 without issue.

Name:	AdobeEncoder.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	255.3 KB 
ID:	146386
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Recording issues in after effects and Premiere.

We can open files recorded in tc mini 4k with premiere 2020 v14. NDI tools 4 installera with codec pack.

Issue with Adobe after Effects, import Works but no image only sound.

Recorded material in 1080x1920 is showing as 1920x1080 in premiere. Abu solution on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast