Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe CC compatibility with 7-1

I contacted tech support about out problem exporting from Premiere using Media Encoder and was told that ME isnít supported by the codec. He suggested that we should transcode the files before importing them into Premiere. We generate hours of material almost every day, so that isnít a realistic alternative.

Kane, could you please very that you were actually cuing the file, sending it to Media Encoder, instead of just exporting it directly from Premiere (which locks up Premiere completely during the whole encoding)?

I really hope tech support is just misinformed about this. If not, could NewTek PLEASE give the option of recording using the old XDCAM codec?
    Last edited by Johan Folke; 12-13-2019 at 01:15 PM.

I was exporting directly from Premiere.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok, so then you’re not really exporting using Media Encoder. The normal, recommended workflow is to send the render to media encoder using Queue in the export window. Otherwise Premiere will not be accessible during the whole render. You also can’t queue up renders for several edits to run overnight and you can’t pause the render if you need the computer for other tasks while you have a render running. I can’t figure out how we can work around this and I think it’s a huge oversight from NewTek not considering the full pipeline from capturing to exporting. Going back to the previous TC version would probably be our best option, but that version has that nasty bug with playing back videos contains alpha...

If you open a Premiere project into Media Encoder that works, allowing to you queue encodes, even if that project has NDI media in it. Media Encoder just doesn't appear to like NDI media directly loaded into it. Make sure option in Media Encoder called 'Import sequences natively' is unchecked.

PPro and Media Encoder.m4v
    Last edited by kanep; 12-13-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have a similar issue. Just updated to 7-1 on my TC1. When I try to import a recent file from the TC1 into Premiere 2020 (Win), Premiere gives an error on the file saying it does not support SHQ2 video, and only imports audio. This is a new CC 2020 install, with NDI 4.1 and the Newtek codec pack installed. What am I missing here?
    JimK

Tricaster 450, 460, 850, TC1

Quote Originally Posted by sclaws View Post
    I have a similar issue. Just updated to 7-1 on my TC1. When I try to import a recent file from the TC1 into Premiere 2020 (Win), Premiere gives an error on the file saying it does not support SHQ2 video, and only imports audio. This is a new CC 2020 install, with NDI 4.1 and the Newtek codec pack installed. What am I missing here?
    Dah. Nevermind...reinstalled NDI tools and all is well. 1D10T mode off
    JimK

Tricaster 450, 460, 850, TC1

We’ve finally figured out why the files would play back locally but not from a network drive! As it happens, the file path on the network drive contained Swedish characters (Ňń÷) which caused the codec plug-in to not be engaged properly.

Since NewTek now is partly a Norwegian company, I suggest that you start taking us unfortunate umlauts countries into account when you test your software. I recall a previous incident where a Tricaster update failed horribly because we had switched to a non-US keyboard in Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Folke View Post
    Weíve finally figured out why the files would play back locally but not from a network drive! As it happens, the file path on the network drive contained Swedish characters (Ňń÷) which caused the codec plug-in to not be engaged properly.

Since NewTek now is partly a Norwegian company, I suggest that you start taking us unfortunate umlauts countries into account when you test your software. I recall a previous incident where a Tricaster update failed horribly because we had switched to a non-US keyboard in Windows.
    Please submit a detailed bug report for this issue, and thanks!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12