Thread: YouTube streaming: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

YouTube streaming: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Is anyone else getting an error when you attempt to sign in to YouTube to stream?

It appears that the streaming connection app is being blocked by Google. They probably changed something. I'll put in a bug report.

For now, you will have to use a Custom connection and type in the URL/Stream Key information from YouTube.
    Last edited by kanep; 12-07-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

What version and system are you using? I'd like to be prepared for what I'm might have to do tomorrow.

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Thanks, Kane. Yeah, I logged out and Google/YouTube blocked me when I tried to sign back in. Thanks for the tip about the custom connection.

Fritz, don't log out of YouTube if you can avoid it. I'm using an updated TC-1.

I generally don't log out so I'm hoping that it will work ok.

Thanks,

Fritz

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Malcom View Post
    Is anyone else getting an error when you attempt to sign in to YouTube to stream?
    I had this issue today as well and got around it by using a "Custom" preset with the address and stream key that YouTube gives you.

I assumed it had something to do with IE?? I've installed FireFox and made it my default browser (when I click on the "Web Browser" button on the top-right Notifications center and in the Streaming/Recording Configuration window, it DOES use FIREFOX to load the web page). When I click on "Sign-In" in the "Configure YouTube Live Connection" it uses Internet Explorer....an unsupported browser????

I don't think IE11 is the problem. I used IE11 by itself to log into the Google account without issue. I think there is an app that communicates between YouTube and the TriCaster which is what the error message is speaking about.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    I had this issue today as well and got around it by using a "Custom" preset with the address and stream key that YouTube gives you.

I assumed it had something to do with IE?? I've installed FireFox and made it my default browser (when I click on the "Web Browser" button on the top-right Notifications center and in the Streaming/Recording Configuration window, it DOES use FIREFOX to load the web page). When I click on "Sign-In" in the "Configure YouTube Live Connection" it uses Internet Explorer....an unsupported browser????
    Having the same issue with my TC1 AE.

Any fix for this? The school teachers are not having any of this search around YT interface, cut and paste work-around business.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Not sure if it was the same issue or not but the AE3 1223 7-1 update did fix streaming for us.

Yep, I just checked this on one of my systems here at the store. Somehow I missed that release so all is good now.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000