Thread: Turbulence FD Buy In

Turbulence FD Buy In

I apologize if this is known news, but Liberty 3D is doing another TFD buy in. From what I understand it still works with 2019, so if anyone is interested, it's happening again. Also open Cinema 4D users.

I'm very tempted to finally buy it, but I'm saving up for some software upgrades. Does anyone know how soon the next Lightwave release will come? If it's still two months away then I'm keen to join the group buy-in.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Link to the Liberty 3D buy in?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    This took all of 30 seconds to find: https://www.liberty3d.com/2019/11/ne...-buy-in-alert/

I'm tempted.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

I thought you already had purchase it? but maybe itīs an old version you got and need to update, or buying in for someone else?

Good to know that TurbulenceFD is still worked on ..though itīs been a bit of some silence, I got some verifications from Jascha though, my questions can be seen here...

https://forum.jawset.com/t/status-of...-lightwave/333

And his reply was...
    "The Lightwave version of the plugin is still being maintained like the C4D version is. The C4D host and SDK has simply required more maintenance updates during the last year.

There will also be a major new feature release. The dev time that went into it is indeed long. That’s mostly because it’s not just an incremental upgrade, but a significant expansion of its scope. I’m hoping we can start previewing the new release relatively soon. There is going to be an open beta phase during which we can also discuss specific features.

BTW - a way to render TFD results with LW’s new volumetrics is to convert TFD’s cache to VDB using the bcf2vdb tool 5 and load those back into LW. Of course this extra step is not a permanent solution for future versions."

Though I will probably not act until we can have the same functionality as in Cinema4D, I do not want a crippled fluid system..would rather consider switching to Cinema4D than settle for that case.

Ahh... I thought this was a new big version of TFD. It is true, I already have it.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Ahh... I thought this was a new big version of TFD. It is true, I already have it.

I figured so.
    Hope the larger new stuff arrives soon, with better full intergration to Lightwave, as I sadi before, I miss weight paint, which cinema4d users have, particle Advection..which cinema4D users have, and those two functions is also what I have in blender for free.

That said, positive impressions.. generally it seems that the simulation speed is quite a bit faster at higher resolutions in turbulenceFD than in blender, also easier to controll noise noise of the fluid (not displacement noise) it has nice thermal advection which is hard to do in blender, and the way lightwave works with all proceurals, with Lightwaveīs layering stacking system with procedural textures in various modes, it allows me to set a texture based density for clouds and then add other procedurals with blending modes and various strengths on top of that..yielding a result of rising cloud evolution in various places from the intial cloud density, and a more realistic output from that, and that is something blender canīt do..you can not stack procedural textures on top of eachother the same way, if any at all for fluid emission, the general solving of the fluids also seem to yield better quality than in blender, at least it requires much higher resolutions it seems in blender.

But for TFD,,So particle advection, weight emission, and the fact that it isnīt a PBR volumetric model in place(have to convert to VDB and reload those and use it together with 2019 primitive items in volume mode)
    The way it handles multiple scattering with re-calculation for every shading tweak... is too darn slow right now.

I also lack the both fire and smoke at the same time presentation in openGL, which I can do in blender for instance.
    Another thing is forces...I need the same forces working on fluids, particles, and bullet dynamics, that is the way blender works..and it helps in some scenarios I do...Lightwave really need to get on to this with forces consistency with other dynamics.

So for a case of destructing a figure/object, in blender you also have a volume mode for particle emitter (which Lightwave sadly donīt have) this means I can fill any object with particles inside that object, then use wind or any force to push those particles ala Alan Mcay destructions, those particle can generate smoke and fire, or the mesh itself generate smoke and fire, and the same forces pushing the particles will also affect the fluid smoke in a synced behavior, this is not possible in Lightwave currently, you have to work with other dynamic forces that can not affect the same elements at the same time.

So therefore I really would like to see it kickoff to something new very soon, if Iīm ever going to jump in to any group purchases.