Thread: Nesting a channel with expressions for the value for time. What am I missing?

Nesting a channel with expressions for the value for time. What am I missing?

[machine.Rotation.P,Time * [SPEED.Position.X]]

I also tried using SPEED.Position.X,Time but that didn't work either.

How to I use another nulls channel to be the multiplier of speed? I have a complex machine with a few different inputs to run various parts and I want to be able to adjust the speed of the parts by tying them all to the position of SPEED's X position. So if SPEED.X is 1 then the machine is running at normal speed. If I set X to 2, then it runs double speed. Is this possible? I'm I just missing syntax?

Ben

After hours of googling and searching about the forums I found a post here: here with a couple users talking about the syntax for expressions and they were using the alternate syntax that I'm not used to. So I gave it a shot and slowly build up expression with just a number first and then a channel and after a few fall starts I got it to calculate. Here is what I finally ended with:
    (machine.rot((SPEED.pos(Time).x)*Time).p)

They said something about this non-bracket syntax liking it ordered like (-1 + Time) instead of (Time - 1) so that's what prompted me to put (SPEED.pos(TIME).x) in front of the machine channel's time.

So I think I'm all sorted out.
    Last edited by 4dartist; 12-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.