Thread: Bullet Dynamics Improvements-Cloning ragdoll bone dynamics, turning off force display

Bullet Dynamics Improvements-Cloning ragdoll bone dynamics, turning off force display

Hi folks,

Havenīt played around with bullet dynamics for quite a while, but just had a little inspiration to do so now.
    Just wondering, working with the bullet bone dynamics...was there ever some trick or script to clone a ragdoll for instance with full constraint cloning?
    as it is now..even if you use clone hiearchy, the ragdoll clone will not be correctly attached in the setup for the constraints, and itīs very tedious to go through it all to correct it.

A workaround is to instead luse load item from scene and choose another ragdoll, but it should have to work like that.

Also, when using forces and trying to tweak it, when it is selected..it will automaticly show guides from the force, like velocity etc, but sometimes if you have objects right inside of it..itīs hard to see it, so a suggestion would be to have an option to turn show guides of, just like we almost can do with standard wind forces.

Also..about time to look in to how we can have bullet forces affect particles, and VDB gas solver, and maybe also the best fluid tool for lightwave (turbulenceFD)

you guys responsible do not want me to look the other way to blender for that, cause it can do just all of that..same forces affect fluids, particles and bullet rigid and parts bodies, and the forces can be reducuced or turned of per each kind of dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Hi folks,

Havenīt played around with bullet dynamics for quite a while, but just had a little inspiration to do so now.
    Just wondering, working with the bullet bone dynamics...was there ever some trick or script to clone a ragdoll for instance with full constraint cloning?
    as it is now..even if you use clone hiearchy, the ragdoll clone will not be correctly attached in the setup for the constraints, and itīs very tedious to go through it all to correct it.

A workaround is to instead luse load item from scene and choose another ragdoll, but it should have to work like that.

Also, when using forces and trying to tweak it, when it is selected..it will automaticly show guides from the force, like velocity etc, but sometimes if you have objects right inside of it..itīs hard to see it, so a suggestion would be to have an option to turn show guides of, just like we almost can do with standard wind forces.

Also..about time to look in to how we can have bullet forces affect particles, and VDB gas solver, and maybe also the best fluid tool for lightwave (turbulenceFD)

you guys responsible do not want me to look the other way to blender for that, cause it can do just all of that..same forces affect fluids, particles and bullet rigid and parts bodies, and the forces can be reducuced or turned of per each kind of dynamics.
    Report it, with content and steps to reproduce it, then they should be able to fix it. Might have been an oversight?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi folks,

Send in an update report/ ticket so they get it E

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Report it, with content and steps to reproduce it, then they should be able to fix it. Might have been an oversight?
    Maybe, itīs perhaps not a bug, but something they missed in the development of bullet constraints and cloning.
    Itīs the same in 2015 and in 2019, you canīt clone a ragdoll hiearchy and expect to have a ragdoll properly cloned with the constraint attached, they become empty.

In my opinion, it should work... cloning a hierarchy should re-make connections, rather than break them. Worth reporting nonetheless I reckon.

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    In my opinion, it should work... cloning a hierarchy should re-make connections, rather than break them. Worth reporting nonetheless I reckon.
    Well it doesnīt..should work? I do not know..we sure would like it to, but each structure needs to be evaluated correctly, just because clone hiearchy is there doesnīt mean it can do magic on all new stuff, if there is new engines and more complex stuff...ergo I am not surprised it fails to clone properly with all bullet connections intact.

What I mean is... we have a clone hierarchy function, so it should work with all hierarchies really. Whether they are bullet, or characters or anything. It should work really.

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Well it doesnīt..should work? I do not know..we sure would like it to, but each structure needs to be evaluated correctly, just because clone hiearchy is there doesnīt mean it can do magic on all new stuff, if there is new engines and more complex stuff...ergo I am not surprised it fails to clone properly with all bullet connections intact.
    So did you file a report on it?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    So did you file a report on it?
    Nope..I will, have to do some other things today.