Thread: Issues with UI and Streaming after upgrade to 5-1-190425C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Issues with UI and Streaming after upgrade to 5-1-190425C

Hello,

I have a TC460 running AE2. My ability to stream to facebook broke (I assume due to facebook making changes on their end), and I attempted to upgrade from version 5-1-18 to 5-1-19 to fix the problem. However I seemed to have only made things worse. Now when I open up a new session, the UI is completely blank. If I click around aimlessly or hit Ctrl-Alt-Del I can get the UI to appear, but I cannot make changes to the stream settings. If I click on the little cog where the stream button is, nothing happens. I have less access now than I did before.

Does anyone know what causes this? is there a fix?

You probably need to update your nVidia GPU driver if the UI of the TriCaster isn't working correctly.

Give this one a try. https://www.nvidia.com/download/driv...x/145870/en-us
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You probably need to update your nVidia GPU driver if the UI of the TriCaster isn't working correctly.

Give this one a try. https://www.nvidia.com/download/driv...x/145870/en-us

*RESOLVED*
    Kanep was correct. I had tried to update the graphics driver initially using the windows tool to update the driver to the newest version. That broke the Tricaster software and I'd get a message saying the drivers were bad. That's when I posted this thread. Later I stumbled onto a different thread where people discussed the exact versions of the Drivers needed. Windows was updating me to a version that didn't work, but the version I already had didn't work either. Finding the drivers manually on Nvidia's site and ensuring the version number was in the 400 range, got the UI to work as expected. I believe I'm running version 441.41 as apposed to the 425.31 linked above and it's still working.

This solved the problem with the UI not displaying and the cog wheel attached to the stream button not bringing up the stream settings drop down window.

There was a separate issue with logging into facebook that I've found a work-around for. This whole thing started because I wasn't able to complete the facebook account authentication process within the Tricaster UI. I would click the button to log-in, type in the credentials in the pop up window, then get through the 2-factor authentication window, and I'd get stuck on the next window. The next window states "You've previously linked NewTek Share App to Facebook. Would you like to continue with your previous settings?" there are two buttons below; "edit settings," and "Continue as [insert name here]." No matter which button I would click, nothing would happen. I'd just get stuck here and be unable to move on. Updating the tricaster to version 5-1-190425C did not solve this problem. HOWEVER, I found that if I select the button I want with my mouse, and the hit enter with the keyboard, I can progress to the next window. This allowed me to complete the process. I then ran a test live stream and everything worked as expected. I hope this is helpful to someone out there who runs into this issue.