Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rope Editor Plus

Frequenter
    I´d suggest you contact him directly maybe he is willing to look into it if more ask for it.

Smile,
    I would be embarrassed to. That it is broke tells me every other plugin of the lscript-type will soon be in this state. The Ludditte-ness of keeping LW, as it is, loses it's lustre as things broken must now be fixed by the departed (from Lw) or the uninterested.
    What worked still does, for me. If it is fixed, Kudos; if not, no loss.
    Robert
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

Frequenter
    Well, I´d wait what he would have to say what the reason for the errors of the two ultility plugins might be. But what makes you think that parts of RopeEditorPlus are LScript? I am no programmer by any means but I see only a compiled *.p file that adds three plugins plus a`*.dll and a *.mxf.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Well, I´d wait what he would have to say what the reason for the errors of the two ultility plugins might be. But what makes you think that parts of RopeEditorPlus are LScript? I am no programmer by any means but I see only a compiled *.p file that adds three plugins plus a`*.dll and a *.mxf.
    I just asked because it wasn't clear what, if any aspects were, and as I'm considering it, I was asking if anyone knew.

The main plugin is clearly a C/C++ plugin as I noted already, but main C/C++ plugins having lscript utility or UI plugins isn't unusual (f.e. Kray's a C/C++ plugin, but most of the UI is, or at least was, lscript-based).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

As well, note my mention of lscripts, 25, 30 (edit: hyperbole, of sorts.)year collection, being obsolete shortly.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-05-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

there is no sanctuary....
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    I´d suggest you contact him directly maybe he is willing to look into it if more ask for it.
    I did contact Norm directly and he is looking into it. Was just curious if I was the only one, he told me I'm not, someone got in before me.
    Bill Carey

3900X 3.79
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    AMD 5700XT 8gb 20.4.2
    LW 2020.02 x64
    Space Navigator

Great.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Frequenter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    I did contact Norm directly and he is looking into it. Was just curious if I was the only one, he told me I'm not, someone got in before me.
    I did, too..

That's cool! Thanks for looking into this guys.

I confess i haven't used Rope Editor Plus for quite some time but it was always incredibly useful every time I did. Glad to hear the developer wants to keep it up to date. (Which reminds me, I should make sure I can still download the latest.)

Just checking but the latest I have is version 1.03. Is there a later one? (I haven't asked Norm yet but I figure somebody here can answer more quickly.)

Frequenter
    the one I have is version 103.3a. Date stamp is January 27th, 2018 - that´s for the 64Bit version, there is apparantly a Version 101 for 32Bit (But I did not download that one)

That's what I have, 1.03.

Glad you asked 'cuz I went to look for it & couldn't find. Had to do some mental backtracking & remembered I picked that up when I only had the laptop.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Thanks guys! I'll snag the later version then. It doesn't look like I installed Rope Editor for any recent versions of LightWave...will have to try it out this weekend (in LightWave 2019 I mean.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12