Thread: NDI Tools silent installer component switches

NDI Tools silent installer component switches

Hello,

We need to execute a silent installation of Newtek NDI Tools and select only "NDI|HXI Drivers" component . I checked the /silent options of the installer and I find the /COMPONENT flag. But if I select /COMPONENT="NDI|HXI Drivers" the component options is not selected.

Do you know which component words is assigned to NDI|HXI Drivers?

Thank's

Try "ndi_hx"?

The installer seems to be built with the very wonderful and free Inno Setup, so a full list of command line options are here.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/ind...c=setupcmdline

In particular, run the installer interactively with the "/SAVEINF=filename" option, and the options you select get written to a file for reusing with the /LOADINF=filename option.

With respect, a little cautionary note:

We generally do not offer distribution/re-distribution rights for our installers, which are intended for personal use purposes. Obviously we put a lot of time and effort into developing these tools and then essentially give them away, but we do ask that people download them from us (which in turn provides a means we can use to notify them of bugfixes and other updates. For commercial purposes, someone who feels they have a strong need and case to be made can email us using [email protected].

Please be aware that, as a barest minimum measure, any implementation using our software that effectively bypasses agreement to its EULA would require you to provide another method to make sure end users agree to compliance with our EULA terms (i.e. adding it to your own EULA).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    With respect, a little cautionary note:
    Thanks Steve, all fair points.

I was assuming this was for internal use within a facility, where consistency of versions and configuration is obviously important. Corporate IT often need to 'provision' a user's PC with all required software automatically - I'd guess this is considered acceptable use?

Commercial redistribution obviously is another matter!

Can you clarify what the HX drivers do, and when they're needed? My understanding from the developer docs is that HX support is now built in to the redistributable SDK DLLs anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by roddyp View Post
    Can you clarify what the HX drivers do, and when they're needed? My understanding from the developer docs is that HX support is now built in to the redistributable SDK DLLs anyway?
    My assumption is that they are required in order for the local device to receive NDI HX streams. but as that seems obvious I'm perhaps missing your point.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    My assumption is that they are required in order for the local device to receive NDI HX streams. but as that seems obvious I'm perhaps missing your point.
    That would have been my assumption too, but the V4 SDK release notes includes the following :-
    • Integrated support for NDI|HX (this is considered NDI|HX version 2).
    • NDI|HX version 2 does not require any external driver to be provided.
    I guess this means that an app using the V4 SDK or redistributable doesn't need the driver to receive HX V2 streams, but apps using earlier SDKs/redistributables do.

I've no idea what's needed to receive HX V1 streams, or how you can tell which HX version a stream is...?

Starting with NDI 4.0, there are two versions of NDI-HX, v1 and v2.

NDI-HX v1 is implemented on supported hardware, is what the majority of devices are today (Spark HDMI/SDI, PTZ Cameras). All of these devices require the HX driver to be installed for operation.

NDI-HX v2 is new version that can implemented on hardware or software. The only NDI-HX v2 device that I'm aware of today is the iOS 'TriCaster Camera' and 'NDI-HX Camera' application. This version of HX doesn't required a separate driver, just NDI 4 support. For a HX1 devices to become a HX2 would require a firmware upgrade.
    Last edited by kanep; 11-30-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.